PDA

View Full Version : vbulletin 3.5.2...

Talking Poker
01-03-06, 11:40 AM
Upgraded this morning.

Let me know what problems you guys are having...

Thanks.

Talking Poker
01-03-06, 04:58 PM
Ok, my tech guy just made the fix that should take care of these bugs:
http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4926
http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4929

At least in theory. I just got a couple of PMs from you guys saying you can't post.

I quote this from an email I just got from him: "should be good now, there might be remnants of php engines still using the old one, but as soon as each engine uses 500 (i believe) requests, it gets killed and a new one is launched reading the new settings (which disable it for that page)"

"It" is something call APC, in case you were wondering.

Anyhoo, hopefully this problem will fix itself very shortly. Either way, I'm keeping an eye on it.

BrianSwa
01-03-06, 06:15 PM
every once and awhile im getting error messages and cant post.

Talking Poker
01-03-06, 10:49 PM
every once and awhile im getting error messages and cant post.

Yes... as are a LOT of people. To all those thave have PM'd me - you are all getting the exact same error, and I am aware of it. I'm not going to reply to each and every PM with the same thing, so hopefully people will look here.

Hoping my tech guy can fix this tonight, before I go out of town tomorrow.

FWIW, it's happened to me too, but inconsistently. I can't post for a while (well, can't reply to certain posts), but if I leave and come back later, I can. I don't get it, but it's all related to the upgrade and will hopefully be fixed soon.

Talking Poker
01-03-06, 11:35 PM
Ok, theoretically, things should be fixed now. I see N1k and Rob are on right now, and they haven't been able to post all day, so go ahead and try. If you can't post, PM me.

No need for everyone to PM me :)

rookette22
01-03-06, 11:45 PM
Just reboot your pc...I know it fixed it on this end.

And the new edit options are terrific.

Robbie Robb
01-04-06, 09:30 AM
reboot? what's this reboot thing you speak of? I haven't rebooted my system for quite a while now... :)

EDIT: WOOHOO! I can post!

rookette22
01-04-06, 10:06 PM
reboot? what's this reboot thing you speak of? I haven't rebooted my system for quite a while now... :)

EDIT: WOOHOO! I can post!

Was it the reboot that helped you post or just dumb luck? lol

Robbie Robb
01-05-06, 12:20 PM
Nope, no reboot. GOt 3 movies d/ling via torrent so I didn't want to interrupt those.