The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > Blogs
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old

less than no pressure poker

Posted 11-25-09 at 10:58 PM by Invigilator

Well, I am current in the days of purely recreational poker. I have a little bit on PS and FTP and am playing sng's and micro cash games. I don't have any philosophical musings about that though.

Just have not fallen of the face of the planet, that's all.

These days work, kids, Aikido and music are the big deal. I have been messing around with garageband and have started to record some of my early songs. It's very campy and low tech, but it's a good time. It is...
Professional Amateur
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

No pressure poker

Posted 09-20-09 at 08:54 PM by Invigilator

I am really enjoying playing these days. I have slipped a bit since starting my microstakes experiment, but I am having fun and playing alright.

I have enough things going today, that I don't really feel much pressure to do well. Mind you, I am trying, but the lows are not that low and the highs are not that high (mood-wise).

It's good clean fun (helps that the chat is turned off )
Professional Amateur
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Losing my patience for tournaments

Posted 06-13-09 at 10:24 PM by Invigilator

I am not talking about the horrible play, but just the amount of time. I just can't set aside that block of time. I like poker, but have so many other things that I want to do each day. That is part of why poker will never be more than a self sustaining hobby for me.
Professional Amateur
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Annual Family Poker Classic

Posted 04-14-09 at 06:11 PM by Invigilator

Whe had our Easter Saturday Poker extravaganza last weekend. There is a $5 and a $10 event. Each event has about 15-25 players, with the top 3 being paid.

The big deal is the medals. These are treated like the family version of a WSOP bracelet. (in that for many who play, the money is secondary)

I had not gotten a medal before this year, and have bubbled 4 times. (at least once a year).

This year I managed a second place finish in the $5 event. I...
Professional Amateur
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

I hear music

Posted 04-07-09 at 05:08 PM by Invigilator

I have bee transitioning into the new jobs fairly smoothly so far. One of the more interesting bumps that has come up is dealing with people who make things into a bigger deal than they need to be.

It's funny really; I have worked really hard to just deal with situations they arise, without getting trapped in that indignant, angry reaction of "oh my God! How could they do that?!!". But I caught myself having that reaction to others I work with who get caught up in emotional...
Professional Amateur
Posted in Uncategorized