The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > Blogs
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old

June Part IV

Posted 06-15-09 at 02:42 AM by Wes

This next one is a goofy hand. I thought the dude's donking range was probably more along the lines of flush draw/sets, so I called the flop and turn. Then when the river ace of the flush came and that he bet like 1/2 pot, I thought that him having a set was pretty likely and it eliminated him having the ace high flush draw to donk on the previous two streets so I turned by two pair into a bluff. Instead he owned me and induce with a flush on the river. Meh...I'm indifferent on the hand. I didn't...
Wes
Forum Addict
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

June Part III

Posted 06-15-09 at 02:41 AM by Wes

I actually like this next one, even though the dude called. I was pretty sure he had some KK or Ax hand after c/c the turn. I guess it can be debated about whether I should bet the turn and then bluff the river again or just check and decide to call down or not. But once I get to the river, it seems that with this river he's just going to snap call a normal size given that the river gives it even more probability that he has a marginal showdown hand. I wasn't playing crazy against this guy previously,...
Wes
Forum Addict
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

June Part II

Posted 06-15-09 at 02:40 AM by Wes
Updated 06-15-09 at 02:44 AM by Wes

Stupid blog has 20 image limit. Lame continued from last post about losing hands I've played this month.

This one was just stupid. I even knew preflop that this guy was a massive vagina so I was thinking I should just fold if he 4bets. But then I was like fuck it I'm so good at poker that I'm going to spew away all my winnings in no time. I guess I was trying to fold QQ. Fuck I suck.

Absolute/UB Cereus No-Limit Hold'em, $4.00 BB (6 handed) - ...
Wes
Forum Addict
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

June

Posted 06-15-09 at 02:24 AM by Wes
Updated 06-15-09 at 02:44 AM by Wes

Click image for larger version

Name:	june.jpg
Views:	2304
Size:	127.7 KB
ID:	3

Someday I will be good enough to play live. Till then, I'll just play 2/4. Games are always spectacular and I always feel like I am the best player at the table which even if it is not true gets my own confidence up to trust my reads instead of that questioning bullshit that I sometimes do when playing in higher games. Doing that nonsensical leveling game that only exists in my own mind is never a prelude to success.

Ah fuck a brag post. Those always...
Wes
Forum Addict
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Losing my patience for tournaments

Posted 06-13-09 at 10:24 PM by Invigilator

I am not talking about the horrible play, but just the amount of time. I just can't set aside that block of time. I like poker, but have so many other things that I want to do each day. That is part of why poker will never be more than a self sustaining hobby for me.
Professional Amateur
Posted in Uncategorized