The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > Blogs
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old

WSOP day 3

Posted 07-30-09 at 02:55 AM by Wes

Alright I got a good buzz going. I sort of regret not writing this sooner as my fledgling memory is already impaired by the alcohol along with the advance in time does not help my ability to think back. But, I also did not really want to write this as I am becoming more consumed with my own demise in this tournament, even if at the time of my busting from the tournament I was perfectly fine with how I did leave the tourney.

But all of this is nonsense considered from the normal world....
Wes
Forum Addict
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

WSOP thoughts part 1

Posted 07-22-09 at 02:07 AM by Wes

My thoughts on how the WSOP main event went is basically, lol tourneys. I sucked out with AQ vs. KK all-in pre with like 25bb in preflop on day two, so if I lose there is obviously no sweat and this thread would be just another whine about how I can't seem to win at live poker. Instead I am here to pontificate on how brilliant I played. It really is amazing how running good can distort one's own perception on how well one plays.

Day One

My first day was essentially...
Wes
Forum Addict
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

I'm Drunk, you shall not read

Posted 06-22-09 at 01:21 AM by Wes

Fucking balls. Drunks on a Sunday night and no hookers to speak for. This would be a massive failure of a night if not for the.... a fuck it is a massive fail. Christ. Hurray for the headache tomorrow.

Lets see what to talk.

I'm up a bunch of money for June for 2/4, but people seem to pay me off like I'm the IRS and they owe back taxes when I'm bluffing. Maybe I should stop bluffing so much, but fuck it that wouldn't be as much fun if I was right? Got to get that red...
Wes
Forum Addict
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

June Part IV

Posted 06-15-09 at 02:42 AM by Wes

This next one is a goofy hand. I thought the dude's donking range was probably more along the lines of flush draw/sets, so I called the flop and turn. Then when the river ace of the flush came and that he bet like 1/2 pot, I thought that him having a set was pretty likely and it eliminated him having the ace high flush draw to donk on the previous two streets so I turned by two pair into a bluff. Instead he owned me and induce with a flush on the river. Meh...I'm indifferent on the hand. I didn't...
Wes
Forum Addict
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

June Part III

Posted 06-15-09 at 02:41 AM by Wes

I actually like this next one, even though the dude called. I was pretty sure he had some KK or Ax hand after c/c the turn. I guess it can be debated about whether I should bet the turn and then bluff the river again or just check and decide to call down or not. But once I get to the river, it seems that with this river he's just going to snap call a normal size given that the river gives it even more probability that he has a marginal showdown hand. I wasn't playing crazy against this guy previously,...
Wes
Forum Addict
Posted in Uncategorized