The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > Blogs > claudioxcore
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar Mark Forums Read

Rate this Entry

Can't sleep...

Posted 07-19-09 at 04:28 AM by claudioxcore

I have to be up in 7 hours, and I am unable to sleep.

I have grind on the mind. A goal I've set myself that I'm trying to achieve by October. This goal is to have $3,000 WITHDRAWN from Pokerstars in the next two weeks. Not $3,000 profit, but enough profit that I can comfortably withdraw $3,000.

Why $3,000?

To finally get an apartment. I've been putting off the idea ever since Dad had hand surgery. He can't do a lot of the simple things around the house anymore, and he relies on me to get it done. But I can't live here forever. I'll be 20 in a month. It's time to finally move out and enjoy my youth while I still can.

$3,000 would be enough for rent/food/living expenses for 6 months. The apartment I'm looking at is a 4 bedroom apartment at Lakeside in Athens. We have three people lined up to get one, but we need one more. The apartment is $280 a month, plus utilities. So about $300.

That's $1,800.

Then I need $400 for my next car insurance payment, and $300 for my Student Loan.

That's $2,500.

Then $500 for all the small things to hold me over. I'm not including the $1,300 I have in the bank right now towards this goal.

How do I plan on achieving this goal? It might sound goofy... but Double or Nothing SNG's on Pokerstars are a goldmine.

I understand my sample size is small but over my first 316 games I have an 8% ROI with $300 profit. I did that volume playing about 20 hours this week.

I can easily play 20 games an hour since I've started loading two sessions in one hour. I might move up to 15/15 soon.

I think a 10% ROI is obtainable, none the less. Maybe that sounds a bit cocky, but the field is literally that bad. Even the regs are terrible. It's really mind blowing.

So if I can maintain a 8% roi over the next 4000 games, that's just over $3300. Not including FPP cash equiv. I can easily play 5k I think in two months.

But clearly I don't want to play DoN's the rest of my life... but this would be a good starting grounds for me finally getting on with my career. Try to grind out about $10k in the next 6-7 months, and start moving on to playing bigger buy in tournaments, and grind some 100NL.

It's nice having money lying around again... and not scrapping out the reminisce of my bankroll every time I get smacked with bills.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 32293 Comments 8 Email Blog Entry
Total Comments 8

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Athens must be a slum if you can get a 4 bedroom apartment for 1200 a month
  2. Old Comment
    It's a college town. Hahaha.
  3. Old Comment
    Does that at least mean you got a southern accent to your voice?
  4. Old Comment
    I'm from New York, boss.
  5. Old Comment
    brooklyn accent at least then?
  6. Old Comment
    A little bit. I'm from upstate, but I spent alotta time in Brooklyn as a kid. Got family there.
  7. Old Comment
    $20/month for utilities? holy shit
  8. Old Comment
    $200 withdrawn so far. Had a good week at the SNGs, and the BAP scored me a little bit of profit.

Taking the rest of the week off, having company. I might get in a few SNG sessions if I get bored.