The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > Blogs > Fildy
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar Mark Forums Read

Rate this Entry

Summer's End

Posted 07-29-09 at 08:32 PM by Fildy

So Summer is drawing to an end and the BAP is still down. I still feel I am playing proper and can turn this thing around shortly, but in the meantime when I'm not playing I am preparing for life post summer BAP.
I'm 99% sure I'll be doing a mini-ftops BAP in September and cant wait for that, but what I am most excited about is super turbos.
Ive been watching some DC and CR videos on them and the have grabbed my interest. While the variance will be a little bit worse because of the shorter starting stacks I feel that they are still very +EV as I saw today getting called by 23o when I shoved 10bb with 3 players left, yes he had me covered (His call isnt terrible considering most of my range is uno cards).

The greatest thing about the super turbos is the volume you can put in. According to the grinders if you use poker shortcuts to keep 16 open at all times for an hour you can get 50 in per hour. That is $15.00 in rake and about $5 in rakeback. If I can do this for 2-3 hours a day and break even I'll be able to build up a proper bankroll. I just pray that I run like a champ for the start so that I can actually handle the full swings that are possible playing them.
I would say 200 buy ins would leave me completely comfortable, I will be starting with about 125-150 buy ins.

I may BAP some of this action as well, depending on how the end of my Summer BAP goes.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 20823 Comments 0 Email Blog Entry
« Bink!     Main
Total Comments 0

Comments