The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > Blogs
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old

January 16 Daily Ramble

Posted 01-16-10 at 02:46 PM by Wes

I recently saw some video where Christopher Hitchens says that to speak well, you have to write well also. I suppose my pessimistic tendency would lead into an attitude that my lack of ability to speak translates into my own inability towards writing. Then there would be other times when I am leaning toward solipsism in that I should try to write more so I can articulate better what I want to speak about. I then take another shot of alcohol and transform into the epitome of a nihilist. In more...
Wes
Forum Addict
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Online Poker sites

Posted 01-10-10 at 06:19 AM by brandon12

Hi

I started playing poker 5 years ago started a good bank roll The last year it wen from good two bad.Then i found out from a m8 of mine that there is some youngsters on the site thats caluding.What should we do two elimanate players like this.They give poker a bad name.
Fish
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

less than no pressure poker

Posted 11-25-09 at 10:58 PM by Invigilator

Well, I am current in the days of purely recreational poker. I have a little bit on PS and FTP and am playing sng's and micro cash games. I don't have any philosophical musings about that though.

Just have not fallen of the face of the planet, that's all.

These days work, kids, Aikido and music are the big deal. I have been messing around with garageband and have started to record some of my early songs. It's very campy and low tech, but it's a good time. It is...
Professional Amateur
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Stupid Whine Post

Posted 10-29-09 at 10:44 AM by Wes

I loathe reading posts about how bad people run in some variance filled activity. Yet, here I am in the plans of whining about poker.

Lets see, where to start? Well I have booked a winning session one out of the last twenty seven sessions I have played. Yes, one of fucking twenty seven. The last one I dropped down to even fucking .5/1 NLHE just in the hopes that I could say, hey you know what I can still actually win at this game. Instead I lost.

It doesn't particularly...
Wes
Forum Addict
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

No pressure poker

Posted 09-20-09 at 08:54 PM by Invigilator

I am really enjoying playing these days. I have slipped a bit since starting my microstakes experiment, but I am having fun and playing alright.

I have enough things going today, that I don't really feel much pressure to do well. Mind you, I am trying, but the lows are not that low and the highs are not that high (mood-wise).

It's good clean fun (helps that the chat is turned off )
Professional Amateur
Posted in Uncategorized