The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > Blogs > Invigilator
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar Mark Forums Read

Rate this Entry

I hear music

Posted 04-07-09 at 05:08 PM by Invigilator

I have bee transitioning into the new jobs fairly smoothly so far. One of the more interesting bumps that has come up is dealing with people who make things into a bigger deal than they need to be.

It's funny really; I have worked really hard to just deal with situations they arise, without getting trapped in that indignant, angry reaction of "oh my God! How could they do that?!!". But I caught myself having that reaction to others I work with who get caught up in emotional response to their job. I have a lot of work to do on myself.

In other news, music is still taking the foreground in my free time. I am playing with a celtic group and just bought my first mandolin.

I have spent my poker winnings to the point that I am going to start the new grinding process with under $100. I see myself playing a lot more poker come the end of June.

I am not sure how to proceed with that grind however. When I did it the first time, I was short stacking $25 full ring, and I really don't want to do that again. I'll reread Ferguson's articles to be sure, but I'll likely come to the forum for advice as well.

I got through a nasty rotator cuff injury in both shoulders. I had massage and physio-therapy, and I am fairly confident that Aikido helped. (very posture oriented). I taught an adult beginners class and was able to test them for their yellow belts at the end.

It is looking like my teacher is preparing me for my 2nd degree test in November. For now, however, things should get simpler as summer approaches.

Here's hopin',
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 13315 Comments 0 Email Blog Entry
Total Comments 0

Comments