The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   TP Suggestions/Problems (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   User Reputation... (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4886)

Talking Poker 01-03-06 12:53 AM

Must you bring your drama into every single thread you post in, even completely unrelated ones like this???

No, I'm not saying I don't like you (in fact, I still think you are quite a hottie and I still want my handcuffs back). And no, I'm not saying I want you to stop posting and leave the forum forever...

But yes, I would like it if you could ease up on the overreactions a bit, and even more so, your refusal to move on when you disagree with someone or something, and worse yet - dragging the drama into multiple threads. I mean, what's the point?

This is not the thread for this, but since you've brought it here anyway and are clearly not willing to let it drop............... I stand by the 'meds' comment I made. Out of context, like you are semi-paraphrasing it here, it sounds bad. But at the time, I clearly explained it wasn't an insult or a joke and explained how I literally was wondering that because of your extreme insane sounding post. If you want to leave me negative rep for that, so be it. I knew you would. I suspect more people will be leaving me positive feedback for that very same post, and quite likely this one, so it's all good.

But the fact that you are bouncing around from post to post trying to turn my Rep red - enough so that you are getting errors for it... come on, Rook. Grow up.

Talking Poker 01-03-06 12:54 AM

You can leave comments when you leave Rep - both good and bad.

I'm not sure if these comments are visable to the person you are leaving them for though... I'll have to look into that.

Hawt 01-03-06 01:00 AM

Yeah they are visible, though they are anonymous, I meant they should be required to leave reputation if possible. (No rep without a comment why for example)

rookette22 01-03-06 01:01 AM

You said this rem? "dragging the drama into multiple threads. I mean, what's the point?"

Brianswa did just that by pasting two of my links from other threads, but did you say anything to him? Ofcourse not! He's now your new best friend. Would be nice if you treat everyone alike. If it's not good for me to do that, it shouldn't be good for anyone to do that.

Hawt 01-03-06 01:04 AM

Just drop it, please, it'sthe Holidays still sort of.

Talking Poker 01-03-06 01:07 AM

Nah.... that would turn too many people off of doing it, or result in a lot of ":adfhalskgh" comments.

Where do go to see your comments?

Hawt 01-03-06 01:12 AM

Go to the "User CP" and it will say last reputation recieved.

For example I have two positive, and one grey (neutral? i dont see that option anywhere! or know why I got it, probably for calling that guy out on his bs) but I don't have any comments with them.

Talking Poker 01-03-06 01:13 AM

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha..... BrianSwa is my new best friend. haaaaaaaaaaaahahahaha. Now we all KNOW you've lost it. I mean, are you kidding me? I can't wait for Brian to see this post. If anyone on this entire forum thinks I've treated them unfairly (with just cause, I might add), it's Brian.

As for him posting links, he was doing so in your already drama filled thread in order to support a point he was making about you (surprise surprise) overreacting! You're comparing apples and oranges here.

I pride myself in being fair and treating everyone alike - or at least trying to best I can. Anyone who knows me knows that... and I think most of the people who have been around here long enough know that too. Stick around for a while, and maybe you'll see the light someday too. Who knows - you might even leave me Positive Rep!

Yeah, I won't hold my breath.

Seriously - how long must we go back and forth about this? Are you even close to being able to move on yet?

Talking Poker 01-03-06 01:18 AM

I see. Hmmmm.... I'm guessing the gray is either negative, or maybe rep left form someone not yet albe to leave rep (there is a minimum post requirement).

Does it show you who left the rep for you? Or just the thread/date/comment? I can see who left mine, but maybe that's because I'm an Admin?

Hawt 01-03-06 01:20 AM

I can't see who left mine, it just directs me to my post that the rep was left on.

You can probably see it because you're an admin.

PShabi 01-03-06 01:21 AM

Hey, how do you see the feedback from the people who left it? I can't figure it out.

Hawt 01-03-06 01:25 AM

if you go to the User CP it should be right in the main menu, if no one left a comment with your rep, you will just see the rep and the comment section will be blank

Edit picture:

Talking Poker 01-03-06 01:33 AM

I think I've figured out what the grey is. That's rep from people who tried to leave it, but don't have any rep altering power yet.

There is a somewhat complext system that determines your reputation altering power (for each click you make). I left everything set as the defaults, which are:

-1 point for every 180 days registered
-1 point for every 500 posts
-1 point for every 100 points of Rep
-25 post minimum post count

I realize that this limits the number of people who are able to give rep right now, and limits how much they can give, but I think these numbers are decent. It prevents brand new users from wrecking things... If I were to change anything, I think I'd change the 180 days to 90, meaning you get 4 points per year instead of 2. I suppose I could also lower the 500 posts to 250. What do you guys think?

Talking Poker 01-03-06 01:38 AM

Ah ha! I knew it!

Check out Zybomb's Rep:

He's got 2 green bars now. Yeah, I know - big surpriuse that he's the first to the next level. What can I say - I like a lot of the guy's posts!

Anyway, in time, I think the system will be a lot more useful. So let's get rating, people!

studiopet 01-03-06 10:01 AM

Yeah - I'm a big Beck fan (Loser), all GRAY baby! Rockin the free world. :p

Neva mind - I just "greened the fuck up" (for you SOCOM players).

BrianSwa 01-03-06 11:38 AM

hey

my meds were for depression and they helped alot but since Gavin is doing so much better I got off them. Meds made me better so maybe rook isnt taking them, I dont need them anymore so id be happy to share.

BrianSwa 01-03-06 11:43 AM

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

new best friend thats rich, TP and me have gone back and forth so much its sick. I respect tp as the forum admin and a great player but in no way are we best friends. Actully since my son got better I think ive been alot more calmer and all but just search for my past posts I was a mess, kinda like you are acting now.

I mean seriously rook look at your posts, really look at them and tell me you arnt blowing things way out of porportion. As for me and TP and shabi and Lou, I have had run ins with them many many many times, most of the time my fault. I usually re-read my threads though and realize I was being stupid as hell, try it, it might help.

rookette22 01-03-06 12:25 PM

How's it feel to have brownie points, Brian na ? I'd prefer you stay away from me; don't talk to me or about me.

BrianSwa 01-03-06 12:32 PM

np

trust me thats not a problem but just because me and TP happen to agree on one thing out of the 1,000 we have disagreed on dosent mean im sucking up. Its a shame we dont want the forum to turn to trash isnt it? funny how long time users disagree with freerolls and new users want it, isnt it?

seriously send me your adress I can send you some of this anit-depression medicine I have.

rookette22 01-03-06 12:34 PM

Eff off Brian!

Talking Poker 01-03-06 12:48 PM

I can't keep track of everyone on her "list," but looks like you just made it for a second time, Brian. As best I can recall....

Rook's list:
Brian (second time appearance)
Hawt (that was WAY ugly)
Gordogg (from when Rook first joined)

There was someone else too... but I can't quite remember and don't feel like looking it up.

I can only assume I'll be on there soon, if I'm not already. :(

BrianSwa 01-03-06 01:02 PM

welp

guess I can live with that, hey im the only one to appear twice though so im expecially hated I guess.

Talking Poker 01-03-06 04:46 PM

Any thoughts on this? Anyone? Really think it over before you suggest something though. Take a look at hte Member list and see who would have how much power, etc...

BrianSwa 01-03-06 06:25 PM

what

shabi AND zy have 2 bars and I only have one....unfair!!!!

ok lets see if I can give shabi some - feedback so I can get him back down to 1 bar. just kidding shabi of course.

rookette22 01-04-06 10:08 PM

One person gave me a +point worth 6 points; is that even possible?