The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   TPF League IV - Official Thread... (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12523)

MAYHEM45 11-19-07 02:53 PM

close. fight off your demons.

MAYHEM45 11-19-07 02:55 PM

I get alot of "hey fight for your dreams, you suck!" at the tables tho. lol dumb fish.

Talking Poker 11-19-07 03:53 PM

Funny. I always thought it was "Fight FOR your demons," which is really a very different thing.

Talking Poker 11-20-07 12:24 PM

Thank you bid007x for donating $5 to the T.O.C. prizepool. Our first donation!

Invigilator 11-20-07 04:35 PM

I'll put in 10 from my recent 5 card draw win.

Shipping.

Talking Poker 11-20-07 07:56 PM

Is this for anything special, or just towards the TOC prize pool?

Invigilator 11-20-07 08:21 PM

I think just for the TOC.

Talking Poker 11-20-07 10:47 PM

OP has been updated with Invigilator's donation. The TOC is now set to be a $115 freeroll.

I also adjusted the start times to 9:35 PM ET for all tourneys.

I have to admit, I am pretty disappointed to see only 7 people signed up for the league so far, myself included. I know people like to wait to the last minute to sign up for things like this for some reason, but I don't think it will even be worth us playing every week if we don't have at least twice this many people signed up. :twocents:

Invigilator 11-20-07 11:27 PM

Further contribution.

I'd like to see more people signed up too.

We spend a lot of time discussing hands as a group to try to get a better understanding of different situations. Frankly I think it is of greater use to those who respond to the hand than those who post it.

The league, in addition to being a good time, is a chance to see the various styles our members advocate up-close.

I can only imagine the hand discussions that will come from situations where both HERO and VILLAIN can explain what they thought was going on and what they were trying to do.

Honestly, how often do we get to interact in the game?
----------------------------------------------------------------
moment of commitment and love coming on in 3, 2, 1, ...
----------------------------------------------------------------

HOW MUCH DO I BELIEVE IN THIS PRODUCT? Well, I'll tell you Bob, If we can double our current enrollment to 14, I will PERSONALLY put a $10 Bounty on the head of a league member of your choice, EVERY TOURNAMENT! (except TOC). [determined by weekly poll]

$120 in extra bounties. You know how and where I roll. that is 10 10 10 percent of my bankroll boys and girls.

So get on the phone, call your friends, call your mom (even easier if you live in her basement), but make sure you get your own BUTT out there and play.

I'm not drunk! I'm not high! I have not been stung by an Emperor Scorpion.

Book off work, hell quit your job. Can't quit? Insult the boss' wife and get fired. Remember campers, only you can prevent forest fires make this happen.

Now THAT'S a sales pitch!

Wes 11-20-07 11:54 PM

Me and Fildy are in. $40 shipped to talkingpoker because Fildy is a moron and blocked himself from using his account for a week.

Stars: NoTalentTom
FTP: PercentileDoom

Also looking to do many prop bets if anyone else is interested.

BlibbityBlabbity 11-21-07 12:01 AM

Someone has watched Boiler Room lately;).

I'm in. TimeToWinTD on stars and KGB81 on FT.

I hope, in addition to 5-10+ more people signing up, that most play each week. Stars payouts are kind of dumb for 3-5 player events.

Fildy 11-21-07 12:01 AM

Fildy on both, might play on my "uncles account" if he makes one

Talking Poker 11-21-07 12:23 AM

This is awesome. Great stuff. And I'm sure we'll have enough people to make this happen... I like the idea of a rotating bounty (worth TWO league buy ins!). The EV is going to be exploding out of this league by the time we are ready to roll.

I haven't even made my post about the Bounty Tourney we're going to have next week some night (probably Monday or Tuesday). I should write that up soon.

Edit: I put this in the main post to generate more interest, but if we don't get enough people, I won't hold you to it (or I'll pay for it myself).

Also, do you still want to do your $10 contribution to the TOC, or is this instead of that? This is already ridiculously generous, so "insted" is fine.

herschelw 11-21-07 12:26 AM

herschelw both sites. cash sent add me.

Invigilator 11-21-07 06:08 AM

Ridiculous is what I am all about. Do you want me to ship this to you once we hit 14 people, or would you prefer me pay it out myself. I plan on taking care of running the weekly bounty pole.

VeryMoonFunk 11-21-07 03:30 PM

I was going to opt out of this since my usual home game is on Mondays, but that game has been really :donkey lately so I figure I'll take some time off from that and spend my mondays with you folks.

shipping money to TP now.....

stars: VeryMoonFunk
FT: verymoonfunk

VeryMoonFunk 11-21-07 03:39 PM

Also, I will ship $5 each to the first two people two get all in with the same pocket pair (AA vs. AA, KK vs. KK, so on...)

When this happens to a player it's heartbreaking, so this time they can at least be happy they won something (other than the blinds)

Invigilator 11-21-07 06:14 PM

You should all 10 to the losing player if for example, my AA fills up a flush and beast your AA.

Invigilator 11-21-07 06:15 PM

Only 3 more registered players needed to ensure my weekly 10 dollar bounty!

VeryMoonFunk 11-21-07 06:46 PM

okay, heres how ill do it. for the first pocket pair vs. same pocket pair, if its a chop then 5 goes to each player. If one player wins with a flush, then the losing player gets the whole 10.

Invigilator 11-21-07 06:49 PM

excellent. I win wicked bad when holding the same hand!

bunny 11-21-07 09:50 PM

:cool:

I'm in, thanks to Invigilator.

Stars : Bunnyki$$

FTP: D3velishhh

Edit: sent $20

Talking Poker 11-21-07 11:24 PM

Either is fine with me. Shipping it out yourself would be great if you don't mind.

de-coder 11-21-07 11:48 PM

I'm in...

ps: fr-vpfrt
ftp: phoenix_again

Robbr25 11-22-07 12:07 AM

I'm In
Robbr25 on both
Money sent on PS