The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Congrats Windbreaker!!! (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14374)

JDMcNugent7 08-01-08 09:18 AM

that is so cool, i bet going to his house for a bbq will be awesome.

drewjax 08-01-08 01:16 PM

And some degeneracy, betting on:

-Wii
-pool
-Golden Tee
-some other video game he has
-chipping/putting on the putting green
-poker
-etc etc

goot times!

Windbreaker 08-12-08 12:27 AM

I'm back from the weekend with Daniel. All I'll say right now is that it was amazing. The knowledge and the way DN can communicate his concepts make it simple and breaks each topic down.

There's a lot of topics and it's a matter of putting it all together now. There was a bit of disappointment as a lot of the material he goes through.....although is very important, but is repeated from PokerVT and from his book.

The material is geared towards deep stacked tourneys. And focuses on deep stacked situations - would apply to cash games.

I can honestly say I have learned more in the course of 72 hours then I have in over 1 year of play.

I can write more in detail when I get the chance.

Tons of things happen.....and I have notes on a lot of things...I might miss a few details here and there. I don't think it's appropriate to talk about some of the things DN picks up on certain players and why it's so easy for him to play against them. All I can say is that most viewers watching HSP know it's a great show to watch, but fail to see a lot of the detail and information that is available to us. If I get the chance, I will probably look over all the HSP shows again and see if I can pick up information on hands we did not talk about.

I will spoil it and let everyone know I did not win the tournament package to the PCA and was actually first to bust out. - It was a cooler and I'm totally fine with the result. The end result of this tourney really did not matter to me. I already know I'm a much better player today and if I'm willing to work on it, I can do some damage.

redbank09 08-12-08 12:46 AM

PCA package would kick ass but still man, kickin it with DN like that has to be awesome. good job getting there and luck in ur poker progression!

Talking Poker 08-12-08 01:18 AM

Awesome stuff. Really looking forward to as detailed oif a trip report as possible (start a new thread!). Would also love to hear as many of the DN concepts as possible, as would everyone else here I'm sure. I don't think Daniel would have any problem with you sharing with us what he shared with you, or else he wouldn't have shared it with you, ya know?

Glad you had so much fun!

Windbreaker 08-12-08 01:22 AM

I forgot to mention - second place won a Cartier watch and third was a WSOP academy session. This might sound really stupid, but even though winning would have been nice, a part of me really thought about just going for second.

The Cartier watch is something I would never buy for myself - and probably rarely wear. It would be one of those really neat items to have that I would not go out of my way to buy.

The PCA on the otherhand, I have a lot more confidence in my abilities now that I am sure if I had enough time, I will can easily qualify for one for the PCA through Stars on my own if I decide I want to go there.

Zybomb 08-12-08 06:32 AM

I second this. I would like a full detailed report as well