The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   Poker on TV (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   does anyone here like raymer? (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=525)

TajaUk 11-28-04 07:00 PM

He took his chips thats all the talking he needed to do. Why say anything when the shit talking pratt makes himself look bad with his carrying on tactics. I would have done the same thing, sit back and keep it all inside.

Talking Poker 11-28-04 08:45 PM

But it's worse than that... He CALLED his chips all in. This is a terrible play when you *think* you are a slight favorite, IMO...

As for their previous confrontation... *I* would have talked back to Matusow. But I think that is the wrong thing to do, and I respect Raymer for doing the right thing and keeping quiet.

SirFWALGMan 11-29-04 03:32 PM

Like Him

I like him. He was very pleasant, and even when he lost he was nice about it.
Some of the pro's need to take lessons from him.

He did get VERY lucky but that is part of the game too. He was aggresive early on and was able to build a stack that was able to win the thing. I do hate his glasses! Jesus! I could not stand to watch them. They made me ill or something. I would have to bump him by "accident" and step on them when I went to "help" him pick them up.

He's not as good of a figurehead as moneymaker was. I doubt he is going to be doing any speedo commercials, but he gets a thumbs up from me.

johnbaker 11-29-04 08:11 PM

wtf moneymaker did speedo commercials....

..link?

hhahah jk

-jB

drewjax 11-30-04 05:56 AM

I couldnt agree more with Penguin. Just let Mike the Mouth try to push him around and bide your time. Raymer is someone with a brain, not a mouth. Anyone can rant and rave and swear (ask me, I'm good at it, lol), but it takes someone with character to sit back and let it play to your advantage. Raymer just let Mike be Mike. Remember Raymer isnt just another internet newbie. He's been playing for awhile now. In B&M's (foxwoods mostly) and in WSOP, as well as online.
And, he did give it back to Mike rather nicely, just nonchalantly. After Mike talked his chit, Raymer calmly said "thanks for busting me Mike". That hurst more than any taunting, swearing whatever you can do.

drewjax 11-30-04 08:15 AM

What is this about Mike the mouth in the slammer? I would love to hear more if this is true, or was true for even an hour. Please let me know.

SirFWALGMan 11-30-04 01:53 PM

Mike in Jail

I will not vouch for this but:

pivotal 11-30-04 05:21 PM

raymer plays like me lol.

Gutzz 11-30-04 08:59 PM

Hey guys,

Well, I think Raymer's awesome. I watched the tournament live on PS, saw his pic, and saw all the plays he made (many of which I wasn't too pleased with), and imediately didn't like him.

Then the WSOP eps came on, and my opinion of him changed sooooooo fast. He's very polite, humble, gracious, and doesn't sound like an unintelligent jerk (seems to be all too common in poker players).

Cheers,

Gutzz

DaTruPoker 12-01-04 11:03 PM

I dont like the guy, as, say a friend, however I respect his unrelentless tournament aggresion.

Drizztdj 12-02-04 08:00 PM

Seem like a pretty humble guy from all of the articles I've read on him. Would have to meet him IRL before passing judgement though.

brokeagain 12-02-04 10:59 PM

Does anyone here really have a reason to dislike him? All you freerollers prolly do.....