The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   2007 TP Salary Cap Fantasy Football... (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11729)

lightfungus 09-11-07 10:30 PM

Ok, I have money online. I'd rather transfer on Cake but if I had to I could deposit on stars and then transfer. TP are you up for Cake?

Talking Poker 09-11-07 11:39 PM

Sure - Rogue23.

Talking Poker 09-18-07 01:33 PM

Good thing burty threw that little fit instead of figuring out how to pay his $10, what with him dominating our leage and all right now. :thumbsup:

I got off to a really bad start thanks to my Week 1 disaster (I reworked my team all for the worse, starting with dropping Moss and picking up LJ - ugh). It may take me a while to catch up... In time, in time.

redbank09 09-24-07 12:35 AM

go me, as if i havent sucked enough this season already, i just realized my kicker slot was empty and now i cant afford one. big 0 for me this week. i had some hellacious wide reciever points this week to.

:thumbsup:

bigd007x 09-25-07 02:44 AM

i really suck at this. i cant pick to save my life i tried pickign ok players vs crappy teams. i tried picking all solid players. i tried picking great players and taking crappy players as a cap.i feel like a :donkey:donkey:donkey:donkey:donkey:donkey:donkey: donkey:donkey:donkey:donkey:donkey:donkey:donkey:d onkey:donkey:donkey

Talking Poker 09-26-07 06:58 PM

-Lowest scoring team in Week 1
-Third highest scoring team in Week 2
-Highest scoring team in week 3

Told ya. And I'm just getting started. My team is still a ways from how I'd like it to look.

burty1 09-26-07 07:02 PM

If by throwing a fit you mean defending myself...I guess I threw a fit...

My playing in this salary cap league is like being all-in heads up with pocket aces...It's not a sure thing I'm going to win, but it's was as good as it gets...

I'm king GM when it comes to salary cap!!

As I said though, I'll just win it for fun...

redbank09 09-27-07 08:01 PM

now that im in last place cause i didnt get my team set last week, lets see if i can catch up. anyone want to bet on this weeks highscore?

Talking Poker 09-28-07 10:04 PM

Sure - how much? I'll do any reasonable/friendly amount. And I do trust you, but would still prefer we both transfer to a third party before the bet.

drewjax 09-30-07 12:35 AM

Seeing as we are playing for $, I figured I would stop being a complete :donkey...............

So I actually looked at my team......and........updated it and made some changes!! First time since preseason.

:cheers:

Talking Poker 09-30-07 12:08 PM

Last chance to donate money to me.

Pick any amount $1-$50 and transfer it to Rogue23 on Stars by 1:00. That will be our bet amount. If you win this week, I'll ship back double. Otherwise, thanks for the donation.

Or, don't send any money and just be all talk. :rolleyes:

redbank09 09-30-07 01:40 PM

this is the first time i have been on since friday. ill do this next week for sure. i didnt check this before all the games got started.

Talking Poker 09-30-07 05:06 PM

Lucky for you.

In the future, don't offer to take bets if you're not going to be around when people accept them. :rolleyes:

redbank09 09-30-07 05:09 PM

didnt realize i would be going to our sorry ass college game saturday and i never got around a computer till i got home today. sorry, but next time ill just ship the money before sunday to you. btw, my team is sucking today so it would have been a loss for me. good luck in the
wccop today, ill rail some

redbank09 10-01-07 08:34 PM

i know we didnt get a bet off on time but it looks like u have a huge shot at winning this week anyways. im up by 11 but u have brady and moss going tonight. we are both sharing moss so if brady puts up more than 11 u win. im pretty damn sure he will do that. we can switch are teams around tomorrow and make a bet for next week. i will send to u first like u requested as well.

Talking Poker 10-01-07 08:39 PM

I knew I was in good shape this week. Bummer for me you didn't get back on in time. We'll see about next week.

redbank09 10-01-07 08:49 PM

i felt great about my team as well but my running backs stunk. no tds and barely a 100 yards between them for the day. Joesph Adai is were u beat me at.

Talking Poker 10-01-07 08:57 PM

And he left the game injured and had TWO TDs vulchered. The one he ran to the 4 inch line for Peyton to sneak in was especially annoying.

Talking Poker 10-09-07 12:49 PM

-Third highest scoring team in Week 4
-Highest scoring team in week 5

Overall leader and not looking back!

Talking Poker 11-01-07 12:19 PM

Did you guys notice that the player values got totally screwed up this week? We're pretty much locked in to our current teams, it looks like. Laaaaaaaaaaame.

Talking Poker 12-04-07 02:09 PM

Looks like fungusboy and I are running away with the first and second spots. Unfortunately, I just can't seem to catch him!

lightfungus 12-04-07 07:14 PM

And I seem to be increasing the gap too :cool:

lightfungus 12-10-07 04:07 PM

I am now number 5 in the state of Georgia, and number 7 in Atlanta...apparently you have to list your affiliations so I guess more people are proud to be from Atlanta than Georgia.

Oh, and number 1 in the state of TP.

Anyway I can get that money in advance?

Talking Poker 12-27-07 12:40 AM

Fungus and I have been in 1st and second places for a LONG time. Heading into the last week here, I'm pretty sure it would be mathematically impossible for anyone else to finish 1st or 2nd.

GG, fungus. I'll ship the monies as soon as it's official.

lightfungus 12-27-07 11:06 PM

Thanks. You too. The secret this year was jumping on the Brady train early and then guessing the $5-$8 backs correctly each week.