The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   TP Suggestions/Problems (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   User Reputation... (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4886)

PShabi 01-04-06 10:12 PM

I think certain people have more "point power" based on there own rep points or posts or sumpin.

rookette22 01-04-06 10:14 PM

When can I start giving out points again?

Talking Poker 01-04-06 11:07 PM

Yes.

Hawt 01-05-06 04:16 PM

On this forum and a few others I frequent, you can't see the person who leaves you rep. However on another forum () you can, I was just wondering if that was an option you had turned off TP.

Talking Poker 01-06-06 01:47 AM

Hmmm... not sure.

Is it better to be known or anonymous when leaving Rep, I wonder?

Robbie Robb 01-06-06 07:28 AM

Well, I think that if you're leaving postive rep, being known isn't a bad thing. However, if leaving neg. rep, being known could lead to a huge PM (or worse, public) flame war or retribution unless the neg. rep has a comment that is constructive on why it was negative. Even then...

While I admit, it's nice to see who was kind enough to give me rep points, I think that the possible downside outweighs any benefits to seeing who gave you rep.

rookette22 01-06-06 03:47 PM

I agree with Robb except I think it should be mandatory to add a comment. This way we have an idea as to what the neg or positive rep was about or a hint as to who might have given it to us.

Favre[4] 01-07-06 12:07 AM

I like this idea but i get bad rep points when i ask a question i dont know. Like you guys were talking about Horse and i had no idea what it is so i asked what it was. What was i suppose to do make it into a HUGE paragraph??

rookette22 01-07-06 10:25 AM

Ok...who didn't like my opinion on this? Silly to give me a neg rep; just for giving you all my opinion. Wish you would've at least left a comment as to what you didn't like about it!

Edit: Was finally inching my way up to green light and you took it away from me.:mad:

Robbie Robb 01-07-06 11:25 AM

My guess would be that some people that are leaving negative rep do NOT understand that the rep is attached to a particular post and they were actually giving you neg. for a different post (or they just don't like you :)). There's no way you should receive negative rep for simply agreeing with someone.

I gave one person rep on a post that it wasn't really intended for (although it was positive so it's not too big of a deal there).

I do agree, comments would be nice. I try to leave a comment for each one that I give so the person receiving it knows why I give it. I mean, if I'm taking the few seconds to give rep, what's a few more seconds to comment on it. If a person doesn't leave a comment because they are too busy or don't have time, maybe they shouldn't worry about the reputation anyway.

That said, I don't think forced comments would be a good idea however. As TP (I think it was him) mentioned - if you force them then all you'll get is "adj;askdjf" or whatever. The only option is to appeal to the moral decency of people (hehe - ME talking about morality...go figure) to leave comments.

Talking Poker 01-07-06 01:42 PM

I doubt that you were given negatie rep for asking a question. I suspect it was because you don't honor bets that you make, and people wanted to make sure your Rep icon would be red to warn other posters...

Just a guess.

FatRufus 01-07-06 01:57 PM

lol good one tp. by the way when was the last time farve was on, i think hes shying away. How can i check? or do u have too

FatRufus 01-08-06 06:20 PM

lol i like how i made a post saying good things about rook and got a negative rep for that, someone must really dislike her

PShabi 01-15-06 09:42 AM

When adding reputation, I've just been "signing" my name in the comment section. That way, people know it's me giving them their propers!!!!!

Hawt 01-16-06 06:29 PM

How many "points" does it take to reach the next level? I have 36 points but I am still at one bar! How about for negative?

Talking Poker 01-16-06 08:44 PM

I think the descriptions are really stupid and have been meaning to change them. I think I'll change them to the number range, so people can have an idea of where they are at.

Talking Poker 01-16-06 09:28 PM

Done.

eejit101 01-16-06 10:13 PM

this rep thing is great man. Interesting to see how thinck some of my posts are and how good. Makes you think more about what you type in a post, and not to type in one words replys (not counting your post above this one:D )

good way of making it more fun. Rook seems to disagree though i reckon....

Talking Poker 01-16-06 11:01 PM

So much so that she left...

*shrug*

eejit101 01-16-06 11:03 PM

i miss her anyways. she was fun. Good to have a woman around, tidy up after us e.t.c

Might have to refer a couple now

Nikita 01-16-06 11:19 PM

I guess I don't count as a woman? ;)

Of course, I don't clean up after Rob so don't expect me to clean up after anyone here.

I much prefer this to the other way it was. It also lets everyone know how close they are to getting another green bar.

eejit101 01-16-06 11:24 PM

ok, my mistake, apart from Nikita then....

**falls over flat on his face in stupidity**

HEwong 01-17-06 09:59 PM

hmm..wtf ihad like 20somthing rep points earlier oday.. now i got 6 WTF!??

HEwong 01-17-06 10:03 PM

wow.. i got negative rep for saying gl to jdmcnugent because i didnt spell it out to say good luck... being nice sometimes blows.

Zybomb 01-17-06 11:08 PM

I didnt give it, so im not sure, but i think its because of the lack of quality of your posts/one liners