The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   Beats and Brags (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Downswing: 170 BBs (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7021)

PShabi 06-13-06 12:25 AM

Well Well Well

Here's the last update for a while kiddos:

I'm now in a 320 bets downswing that won't let up. 4 days and 4,000 hands later, and I'm in a really bad place, personally.

I haven't been this depressed since I found out I knocked up Jackie senior year. So, with that, I'm gonna say bye for a while. Everyone here has been incredibly supportive of me through this, on the board and AIM. Thanks for the positive talk.

I'm gonna remove TPF as my homepage and I'm not reading here or 2+2 until this is over. I'll be playing again tomorrow, limiting myself to two tables, but I'm leaving AIM off too.

The whining has gotten to be too much, even. Like Chip said, at first, it was funny. Now, I can't even find humor in it anymore.

I'll be back when I get through this shit. If I'm never back, well, hope you all learned some things from me. If nothing else, bankroll baby.

Most people say 300BB for a level, but more for 6-max. I gotta say I agree.

So long friends. Hope to be back soon.:thumbsup:

eejit101 06-13-06 12:35 AM

Dude this isnt the right move.
in any way.

1# you cheer me up immensely with your jokes.
2# if you need advice on hands, or you need supporting in hands where you think youve gone wrong, ut havent, you need us.
3# Bunny will cry
4# The support your getting from us through this must help a bit, i dont find this thread annoying, i wanna see you get back to level and start eating the fish.

Dont go

Boobie Lover 06-13-06 01:28 AM

Definately at least 750 BBs for 6max, more like 1000 BB. I'm glad I hardly play limit anymore.

Talking Poker 06-13-06 03:34 AM

Not that I care what you think, but I don't recall ever -Repping you. Don't quote my on that. When people really, really, really annoy me, I'll throw them some red heat. So it's possible.

Talking Poker 06-13-06 03:37 AM

Well, hopefully this is only upset life-tilt pshabi talking, and you'll change your mind tomorrow. Cause I'd hate to see you go, even if only for a little while.

Believe me when I tell you I've been there. I am (Still, believe it or not) a winning player, but I know what it's like to go through these downswings. You may be beyond my personal worst right now (I'd have to check), but I think it's close.

The part that I know I hate SO MUCH when this happens to me is when you look back and thing, "Damn... I WISH I was only down 170 BBs right now)... Hang in there. You'll turn it around.

kkirk1329 06-13-06 06:58 AM

gl, hope you turn things around man.

bunny 06-13-06 11:27 AM

I feel for you, I really do, but....can't imagine what you're family is going through.

Stop, look and listen...listen to the people that care about you, Shabi.

Take a few hours off (4 or more would be great). It won't kill you, I think it might do you a lot of good. First and foremost... "Get up off your ass!!" Get cleaned up, go out and have a good meal with your family. Shoot some hoops or do something you enjoy doing. You need some away time from poker. Seems you've turned into a poker bum in the past 4 days.

Bring back the old Shabi and maybe some of his positive attitude will come back too. Might even give you that "lovin' poker feeling" back.

You'll be missed....

All the best and hope to see you posting again real soon.

Tony Cheval 06-20-06 05:42 PM

Good luck man, I certainly hope to see you back soon.

And yeah, I've been running like crap too. Tried a $5 tourney on UB (shortly after posting my latest thread nobody reads :rolleyes: ), and had my K10s get knocked out by...K6, of course. Ironically, I'm actually doing pretty good on PKR, goofing around while waiting for one of the $50 freerolls, nice to see I can win playchips at least. :p

Boobie Lover 06-20-06 07:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 760

SirFWALGMan 06-20-06 10:19 PM

Is this not...

IS this not how EVERYONE playing SHORT HANDED plays in these freaking things. I mean donkey city for sure! Limit short handed poker = Lotsa Variance and needing the best hand at showdown.