The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Bahamas (WPT-PCA) 2007 - Official Updates Thread... (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9592)

Gordogg 01-06-07 12:49 AM

Nice job Boobie, keep it up. I hope TP and Kurn represent the forum as well as Boobs. GL guys :cheers:

juiCe[3x] 01-06-07 12:56 AM

Wow, very nice Boobie. Your recap was awesome and good job. Lets see if TP/Kurn can outdo you :D

Talking Poker 01-06-07 12:56 AM

Good recap. I saw Vanessa's table earlier in the day, and one of the other girls is someone I remember from Aruba 2005. She was pretty solid and took down one of the side events there.

Sounds like you played well overall (at least compared to the donks - that 1/2 his stack bet followed by a fold from the former Interpoker pro is just sad), and getting some cards helps too. I'm looking forward to us both playing on Sunday. I'm shooing for 81,700 chips, of course.

BTW, for that first hand against Vanessa...

...do you think you could have gotten more chips out of her in any way? Maybe by betting a bit less, or by counting your chips differently or anything like that? Do you think she made a good read on you?

With a hand as strong as yours there, I think I may have checked it and given her a free shot at a straight if she had a 9 (or JT or whatever). I'll bet she would have bet there if you checked to her, and depending on how much you raised, she may have moved in on you if she had a pair and a draw. That said, I like the bet too if you're trying to get it all in the middle. She's aggressive and there's a good chance she'll raise you right there drawing awfully thin... Yeah, I don't know.

Time to call it a night. GL to me and Kurn tomorrow.

JDMcNugent7 01-06-07 01:05 AM

wow awesome.
i wish i was there so bad.
theres no way im not going next year if its still this big.

New Guy 01-06-07 02:56 AM

Unreal updates!!! Im so jelous! I want to be there so bad.Bobbie holy shit way to go.You set the bar high now tp and kurn you guys need to represent!Im sure you will.Lets go fourm show some love!!!!!!

Aequitas58 01-06-07 03:17 AM

BOOBS: Nice report, but even better "end" to Day One!

KURN: Teach those young whipper-snappers what it's like to be a founder of 2p2. Yea, you're that old, but you still own. Take it down!

TP: Your domination started with Brian and it ends w/ EVERYONE ELSE at the PCA. Looking forward to your report.

melioris 01-06-07 06:31 AM

Awesome Report Boobie-and even better news on your Day 1 success. Continue to kick ASS!!!

Kurn-Aeq said if first and better. Good Luck!!!

TP-are you going to let Boobie become the new TP.com darling? Go out there and get your name at the top of the lists.

Boobie Lover 01-06-07 12:20 PM

The hand where I turned top set against Vanessa, I certainly could have checked there, but I probably appear to be some Internet person (which I am), so I suppose live pros would assume I am hyper aggressive. Plus, I assume that men probably play more aggressive against women since they don't want to lose pots to them in general. Or, maybe I am just overthinking this whole thing.

Boobie Lover 01-06-07 01:27 PM

Talked to TP who said he lost about half his stack when he flopped two pair and some guy rivered a flush. I tried to see how Kurn was doing also, but that tourney was on break when I got down there.

MAYHEM45 01-06-07 02:19 PM

From the moneymaker million blog:

12:09pm The first beers just arrived in the room. They were delivered to Table 3. We'll just let you guess who ordered them.

Kurn? :D

drewjax 01-06-07 02:21 PM

This is strange from the MM blog:

2:01pm--Players are on a five minute break. We are down to two tables.

2:11pm--Blinds increase to 125-250. Cards are once again on the table. We have 25 players left. Lee Jones pointed out that no one will go home with less than $5,000. Cheers from the crowd.

Gotta be a mistake right? They are not making these guys play 13 handed!

GO KURN

of course, TP and Boobie too

:thumbsup:

X-Longshot-X 01-06-07 02:26 PM

This confused me as well unless they are playing 12/13 man tables o.0

P.S. Cmon TP mount the comeback

X-Longshot-X 01-06-07 02:33 PM

2:23pm--Rich DiLondardo from Warwick, Rhode Island just won a big pot at Table 3. It was AK versus AQ, and a king came on the flop. DiLonardo just upped his stack by a good bit.

ATTA BOY KURN!

melioris 01-06-07 03:30 PM

from

"One of the cool things about PokerStars offering a blog is that it helps a lot of the fans who can't be here keep up with their buddies and favorite players. We're seeing tons of people come in here from 2+2, Neverwin, and other forums. One in particular that I've noticed is TalkingPoker. As it happens, I met one of the honchos from TP last year during the PCA. TP's Mark Petrillo is playing in Day 1B today and we're keeping an eye on him. I just grabbed him after the break. He's down a few chips from his starting stack, but has made it through the first couple of levels. Here's to a little good luck for Mark."

Nice love there.....

Boobie Lover 01-06-07 03:53 PM

They are playing three tables still at the Moneymaker Million.

Nikita 01-06-07 04:00 PM

Now that everyone is actually playing, I will wish all three of you good luck.

Here's to each of you making it to the final table at least. :cheers:

robthedlphin 01-06-07 05:39 PM

Sweet thread. I'm rootin for ya guys!

Gordogg 01-06-07 07:04 PM

May Kurn Boobs and TP do the opposite of the Chiefs offense today :cheers:

jillaj 01-06-07 07:12 PM

That would mean they couldn't lose a pot which would be very impressive.

Tony Cheval 01-06-07 07:41 PM

Interestingly, neither TP nor Kurn are getting any mention by PS. I suppose that can go either way, especially in Kurn's case.

Robbie Robb 01-06-07 07:48 PM

Yeah, and CP doesn't seem to be tracking Mark yet either...Grrrr

X-Longshot-X 01-06-07 07:51 PM

7:45pm--Chris Moneymaker has just taken the mic in the Moneymaker Millionaire.

Expect players to start dropping like flys from the sheer stupidity obsorbed by the fact that moneymaker is on the mic.

melioris 01-06-07 08:03 PM

11 players left and in this case no news is good news. We know that Kurn is still alive!

Robbie Robb 01-06-07 08:05 PM

I'm not sure if it is 11. There is no mention of anyone getting eliminated in 13th... It goes from Hill in 14th to Cassano in 12th. I think Cassano may actually be 13th.

redbank09 01-06-07 08:12 PM

anyone know kurns chipcount and place