The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   TP NFL Fantasy Football (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7545)

Aequitas58 09-02-06 03:27 PM

I'm fine with 10:30 pm. More people have to speak up. Why do I have a feeling that 3-5 of the people already in the league aren't going to follow it... (making it annoying for the players who do participate.)

And I'd really like to know:

(i) if we're doing the $10 bet, and
(ii) if we're getting rid of W/R.

Talking Poker 09-02-06 03:44 PM

I have the exact same feeling.

One or two people have sent in the $10, but that's it so far. I figure in order to be able to win the money, you need to pay.... so.................

And yes, I still think we should drop the W/R position.

eejit101 09-02-06 03:56 PM

kewl, ty for letting me know

lightfungus 09-02-06 04:00 PM

I'll pay if we move the draft time, otherwise I am not going to be confident in autodrafting.

Aequitas58 09-02-06 04:02 PM

I don't want a $10 contest with five people, Sherlock.

Gordogg 09-02-06 09:30 PM

I'll play for $10 but I won't have money to send until at least the 5th, so don't count me out. As far as the W/R position, I don't care one way or the other.

GeoffM 09-03-06 01:22 AM

I'm in for $10 as well. I can draft any time except Friday and Saturday nights.

BlibbityBlabbity 09-04-06 01:47 PM

10:30 Wednesday is fine with me too.

I'm in for $10 as long as everyone else is.

lightfungus 09-04-06 01:54 PM

Ok, do we have enough people for me to move it? I think that is 5 now...if we move it I am in for 10 bucks.

Talking Poker 09-04-06 02:56 PM

Sure, you're the boss - just do it.

As long as we are moving it BACK and not UP, I don't think it will be a problem.

I wonder how many no shows we're going to have.

Aequitas58 09-04-06 03:12 PM

I'd like to create a new league and have people who are still interested re-register.

GTDawg 09-04-06 05:02 PM

I'm interested in playing (probably not for $10...) but I do have to work tomorrow at 7pm...so whenever I get out of work I'll be ready to do the draft.

If it starts before I get out of work, then I have a friend ready to keep an eye on it for me.

Talking Poker 09-04-06 05:07 PM

If we have to, I suppose...

At the very least, we should have a roll call. Let's get this list updated, figure out who's who, and kick out (or replace) any non responders. I'd much rather have a league with 10 interested teams than 10 interested teams and 4 guys running on autopilot.

So, here's the list. Speak up if you want to claim one of these teams. I'll bold the confirmations as they roll in and pay up. I recongize a few of these names, but I'm not positive who is who, so everyone who still wants to play, please:

1. Reply to this thread with your team name.
2. Send $10 to TalkingPoker on Stars.

When you've done both of the above, your name gets bolded and you are in. 24 hours prior to draft time (that's tomorrow night at 10:30 PM ET), unclaimed teams get booted from the league. Fair enough???

Ok, here is the list:

Bulldawgs - gtdawg (confirmed, but not paying)
Coolieo's Crushers -
Da Bears - jillaj
Dirty Birdz - thrash
Donquitas58 - Aeq
Funging Dominate - lightfungus
Gordogg's Chiefs - Gordogg
HolyMackerel - nflchad
LA Preds - omahilo (semi-confirmed)
Mr. Monday Night - GeoffM (semi-confirmed)
PokieOkie - drewjax (semi-confirmed)
Rogue - TP
RedskinsKMB - kmb
RushNAttack -BlibbityBlabbity

Let's go.

BlibbityBlabbity 09-04-06 07:08 PM

RushNAttack -BlibbityBlabbity

$10 sent

lightfungus 09-04-06 07:41 PM

It looks like the draft times are all booked after 3 in the afternoon from now till opening day...so it stays at 9:30.

Talking Poker 09-04-06 09:49 PM

Aeq - you're not allowed to bitch any more if you're not even going to pay up yourself. :rolleyes:

Right now, we've got a 3 man league. Really hoping at least 5 more people confirm by tomorrow night.

thrash1294 09-04-06 11:40 PM

I have to redownload stars to send you cash will do it by weds night or I can send it now at fulltilt. the draft on wednesday correct?

drewjax 09-04-06 11:46 PM

PokieOkie=Drewjax

I am in for $10. Dont have any money on stars right now, but I am planning on switching a little money around (from my meager roll). So if you dont have it by draft time you will have it soon thereafter, guaranteed. If you need it now, Bodog and Pacific are my only means.

Put me down for the money bubble.....Print it!!!!!!!

Aequitas58 09-05-06 12:03 AM

Claiming my spot! Money sent.

If we don't get a good turn out with all of those who already registered, it's incredibly easy to create a new league... :)

lightfungus 09-05-06 12:26 AM

But not a new draft time....we would end up having to draft early in the morning or after the season started...kinda lame.

Talking Poker 09-05-06 12:27 AM

Yeah, but will we be able to get a draft time? Fungus says they are all gone. I think it would be easier to keep this league and just kick out the people who don't confirm - that should be easy enough, right?

BTW... if anyone who is registered doesn't want to pay, *I* am ok with that. You just won't be eligible for any money in the end. Of course, I'd rather everyone pay because then they will take it more seriously, but I also don't particularly want to play in a 4 team fantasy league.

GeoffM 09-05-06 12:31 AM

I'm in for $10. I'll try and transfer the money tomorrow. I'll also be present for the draft.

Talking Poker 09-05-06 12:32 AM

Team name?

GeoffM 09-05-06 12:38 AM

Mr. Monday Night. Stars screenname again?

Edit to add: My holdup is waiting for the Interpoker bonus to be credited before cashout (emailed support) and slow-ass River Belle to process my cashout (slowass). I usually got about $1,000 in Neteller but Mansion currently has that $1,000 :D . I'll get-r-done though, 1 way or the other I'll have that $10 to you before Thursday night's game.

thrash1294 09-05-06 01:23 AM

dirtybirdz Paid.....!
$10 from trent1776 to TalkingPoker.