The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   TP NFL Fantasy Football (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7545)

nflchad 09-05-06 07:31 AM

I'm in, HolyMackrel. Money Sent.

Aequitas58 09-05-06 07:53 AM

I don't know. I set up a Yahoo Fantasy Football league for my firm on Friday, and I had no problem setting up the Live Draft for when I wanted it. (Next Thurs. at 12:00p et.)

I didn't know the commissioner could kick teams out. If that's the case, then just leave it the way it is.

Oh, and by the way, I don't mind next year if we get enough interested people for setting this up on CBS Sportsline. It may cost an extra $10-15 per person, but it's the nuts when it comes to FF. :)

GeoffM 09-05-06 09:56 AM

Nah, there are no decent times left. I setup a last minute pool and ended up having to draft after week 1.

Talking Poker 09-05-06 12:22 PM

I just wanted to bump/update this post so no one sees it. Currently, here is where we stand:

I'm guessing we'll be losing the Crushers and Bears. I don't mind giving the other guys the benefit of the doubt. sine we know who is who with them - and they played last year - we could PM them friendly reminders to visit this thread.

A 12 team league will be better than a 14 team league anyway.

jillaj 09-05-06 12:24 PM

I am Da Bears. I have been gone out of town for a few days but will still be in if I can.

Talking Poker 09-05-06 12:48 PM

Show me Da Money.

lightfungus 09-05-06 01:01 PM

I can vouch for GTDawg, he will participate.

edit: actually he already verified, nm.

edit2: and I guess I will send money too, even though I will be on auto draft.

Talking Poker 09-05-06 01:08 PM

He hasn't paid. Maybe you should spot a brother 10.

GeoffM 09-05-06 01:20 PM

I'm confirmed, you'll have the money as soon as I get a hold of my laptop.

Aequitas58 09-05-06 01:27 PM

I'm still unsure as to the draft time. Was it formally changed to 10:30 pm?

omahilo 09-05-06 01:44 PM

Im in... $10 right?

who do I send it too?

GeoffM 09-05-06 01:46 PM

Yeah, only $10. I was on auto for the baseball pool but paid. Of course, if I hadn't made any moves and kept Jeter AND Beltran, I'd probably be a lot better off.

omahilo 09-05-06 01:52 PM

I will be on auto draft as well.

Talking Poker 09-05-06 02:50 PM

Does anyone actually READ this thread, or do we just keep asking questions over and over again that have been answered more than once already???

The draft is at 9:30, just like it says on our Yahoo page:

There were no other times to switch to until after Week 1, remember?

And the $10 needs to be sent to TalkingPoker on Stars.

The scoring system and everything else can be found at the Yahoo link.

GeoffM 09-05-06 03:05 PM

Looks like someone just lost to a 3 outer on the river :(

GTDawg 09-05-06 04:15 PM

I wasn't planning on paying the $10...

I don't have any money online and I don't plan on putting any money online. You can put someone else in the league if it's going to be a paying league.

kmb13592 09-05-06 04:45 PM

I'll be at the draft, and you should have had my money a bit ago.

Talking Poker 09-05-06 05:08 PM

I'll leave this up to everyone else. I'm fine with you playing and not paying (and not being eligible for $ in the end, of course), but let's see what the others think.

juiCe[3x] 09-05-06 05:33 PM

Damn iwish i could be in this. Oh well next year :thumbsup:

thrash1294 09-05-06 05:41 PM

Doesnt bother me either way.

Talking Poker 09-05-06 05:51 PM

I think there's a good chance you can have the "Coolie" spot if he doesn't chime in in the next few hours. Stay tuned and have your $10 ready.

jillaj 09-05-06 07:07 PM

Ok It's sent

GeoffM 09-05-06 11:18 PM

TP, you'll have the $10 on Stars prior to the draft tomorrow night.

Here's a thought: why don't we have a private sitngo on Stars whilst we draft? I'm down for a $10 + 1.

Talking Poker 09-05-06 11:35 PM

Ok, we are 22 hours until draft time. Here is the list of who has paid up, or at least confirmed they want to play:

Bulldawgs - gtdawg (confirmed, but not paying)
Coolieo's Crushers -
Da Bears - jillaj
Dirty Birdz - thrash
Donquitas58 - Aeq
Funging Dominate - lightfungus
Gordogg's Chiefs - Gordogg
HolyMackerel - nflchad
LA Preds - omahilo (semi-confirmed)
Mr. Monday Night - GeoffM (semi-confirmed)
PokieOkie - drewjax (semi-confirmed)
Rogue - TP
RedskinsKMB - kmb
RushNAttack -BlibbityBlabbity

That's 8 teams that have paid, plus 3 more who have promised to pay. I have no problem waiting a few days for the funds from those guys. That leaves the following three teams:

Bulldawgs - gtdawg
Wants to play, but doesn't want to pay. I think we should let him play and just not be eligible for prize money in the end. Friendly like.

Coolieo's Crushers -
No response, hasn't logged in for a while, etc. I say we remove him from the league and replace him with juiCe[3x] who wants to play. Can you go ahead and do that, fungus?

Gordogg's Chiefs - Gordogg
Don't know why he hasn't responded/paid yet, but I'm sure he will. I just PM'd him.

I think that about wraps it up. If for some reason we don't hear from Gordogg by tomorrow afternoon, we could boot his team and not replace Coolieo's, so we'll still have an even number of teams. If that happens and juice has already paid, I'll either send the money back to him or we can let his paying self play and boot gtdawg. :D

Hopefully Gordogg will come through and we'll be all set for tomorrow night. See you girls at the draft.

GeoffM 09-06-06 08:42 AM

Draft day boys. Will it be Bush, Mario Williams, or Vince Young :confused: :D .