The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   RIP Sean Taylor #21 (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12650)

kkirk1329 11-27-07 02:22 PM

RIP Sean Taylor #21

Why does shit like this continue to happen? especially considering according to many sources taylor had been getting his life on the right track after some of the run ins with the law, redskins fans and football fans in general will miss seeing him play and lay people out left and right. a father, engaged man and teammate dead at the young age of 24.

Reel Deal 11-27-07 02:24 PM

While it does sound like he started to turn his life in a positive direction, I think this all goes back to the people he decided to hang around with in high school, college and the early part of his pro career. From what I've read so far this looked like a hit and not a burglary.

MAYHEM45 11-27-07 02:25 PM

Wow he died in the hospital eh? I was following it all day yesterday. So sad.

kkirk1329 11-27-07 02:50 PM

according to the d.c. writers and radio shows and his teammates its been reported that he had tryed to distance himself from his former friends and also after his daughter was born his teammates said that he was like a completely different person.

Reel Deal 11-27-07 03:41 PM

Apparently some of them might not have been too happy about him trying to distance himself from them. Sad.

drewjax 11-27-07 05:18 PM

I agree that.........

1. this is obviously sad
2. this is very suspicious

He supposedly had a break in 8 days ago, where a knife was left on his bed?? sounds like a message to me.
Then a week later, someone busts into his bedroom (where he has a machete handy for protection???), and shoots him.

:confused:

Spidey44 11-27-07 09:15 PM

Just wanted to chime in. I am a HUGE Redskin fan (live, grew up in DC area) and I'm devastated by this. What a player and like it's been said, he was really turning into a mature young man. Every report I've seen tells a tale of someone who was just great with kids. Never turned down a request for an autograph from ANY kid. That says a lot in my opnion.

He will be missed.

lightfungus 11-28-07 12:18 AM

Do you think this kind of thing has any positive affects on future athletes or is this just a sad story? Is there a possibility it has a negative affect in that it martyrizes(word?) a used-to-be athlete-thug and encourages that type of culture further?

Talking Poker 11-28-07 12:26 AM

I definitely don't see how that (the latter) could be. I mean, if anything, you'd think it would be a wake up call to people with similar backgrounds... NOT something that encourages kids to go down that road.

And I agree, of course, that this is very sad. I also agree that it is ridicullously suspicious and almost certainly was not random. Hopefully the killer(s) will be caught.

lightfungus 11-28-07 12:31 AM

Thug life can be quite attractive to the impressionable up and coming athletes from the same culture/backgrounds...

kkirk1329 11-28-07 12:37 AM

hopefully morons like pacman jones and tank johnson can learn from this, along with all the kids who dream of being that tough kid in the neighborhood no matter what it takes.