The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Josh Arieh (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6949)

Spuddy 06-05-06 11:41 AM

Josh Arieh

I was reading a magazine, and noticed an article on Sir Josh Arieh.......

It had mentioned that in the 2004 WSOP main event his actions were widely critisized and frowned upon.....

Does anyone know EXACTLY what he did?

eejit101 06-05-06 11:44 AM

I think he was a bit mouthy, but overall from people who went he was fine, its just the coverage wanted to portray him as the bad boy of the table.

redbank09 06-05-06 11:56 AM

From what i saw on tv and thats all i saw was tv, i wasnt there in person, he repeatedly questioned and degraded peoples plays out loud. also, when he busted he told david williams to knock greg raymers fat ass out of the tournament and espns sound guys caught it.

Spuddy 06-05-06 11:59 AM

Wow! lol! Thats crazy

That kinda reminds me of Steve Danneman calling his friend on his cell phone saying that "Howard Lederer wasn't very good at all...... I bluffed him with 2-9 o/s!" Or something like that.......

Good ole ESPN stirring the pot.....

New Guy 06-05-06 12:46 PM

hope they portray me as the good guy

From my lips to gods ears!! All of us for that matter. A TP.COM final table

PShabi 06-05-06 12:54 PM

I think the exact words were: "Bust this motherfucker" but I don't have the best memory.

He came off as an arrogant dick and that's how ESPN portrayed him. However, he created the footage to support it. From what I read right after, it seems he was caught up in the moment a bit and really regretted his behavior afterward.

Talking Poker 06-05-06 01:01 PM

To clarify: Danneman wasn't knocking Lederer... he was just excited about pulling off a big bluff, and was telling his friend about it.

Josh was, well, flat out rude from time to time in 2004. It's kind of his schtick at the table, but as he told me when I asked him about it, ESPN showed it pretty much how it was. Outside the tables, Josh is a very nice guy...

And I believe his exact words about Raymer were "Bust this fat fuck."

Zybomb 06-05-06 01:42 PM

The best was because Arieh had just been knocked out in 3rd place, then Raymer went up to him and told him good game, you were my toughest opponent, josh thanks him etc, then get goes over the williams and gives him a pound and says "bust this (bleeped out)" I always thought it was motherfucker, but fat fuck makes sense too and TP was there lol

As for what he did, basically everyone's already said it. He was kind of a dick at the table and criticized peoples play....sometimes justly --( i.e when David Williams called 1/3 his stack with 55 then checked dark :confused:... Arieh couldnt believe it he's like "you dark check?!?!?!?" then went on a speech afterwards how williams called 1/3 his stack with two 5s) and sometimes unjustly "you put all your money in with JUST a pair of jacks?!?" (hey its better than the garbage you play arieh, you play 52o!)

Overall a good personality to have at the table, and from what I've seen of him, a good poker player who isn't afraid to gamble

TajaUk 06-08-06 06:14 PM

I thought the reason many thought/think he's a total prick is becasue of and I quote from Wikipedia.

"However, he is also well-known for a televised incident late in the 2004 WSOP main event where he lambasted Harry "Wise Owl" Demetriou, who had put him all-in, after Arieh luckily hit a flush to win. It is generally considered a serious breach of etiquette to mock the loser of a hand, especially for such a critical pot, and Arieh apologized after busting Demetriou out on the next hand."

Talking Poker 06-08-06 06:24 PM

Yeah, that was pretty bad too...

BTW - Taja???? Long time no see.

Welcome back.

TajaUk 06-08-06 06:27 PM

Sup Talking, glad to see everything seems nice and healthy round here. You still have not updated the bloody main webpage with any content! lol.

Will you be going to the WSOP this year?

Talking Poker 06-08-06 09:23 PM

Yup. I qualified for the Main Even in November.

You're WAY behind.