The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Wow. I guess it's true after all (Brandi Hawbaker found Dead) (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13753)

Kurn 04-19-08 01:11 PM

Wow. I guess it's true after all (Brandi Hawbaker found Dead)

RIP Brandi

Talking Poker 04-19-08 03:02 PM

Wow is right.

What a waste.

thadeas1 04-19-08 04:32 PM

It is always a shame when someone as young as her takes their own life.

RIP. Brandi.H

thadeas

Gordogg 04-19-08 05:08 PM

Maybe Sklansky put a hit on her.

melioris 04-19-08 05:41 PM

This is terrible news, just as it is anytime a person is desperate enough to consider suicide.

I can't help but think that if she wasn't "attractive" maybe more people would have focussed on her mental illness as opposed to her looks.

Talking Poker 04-19-08 05:45 PM

I always thought she was crazy in that "women are crazy" kind of way - her, more than most, of course. But I didn't realize she was diagnosed with an actual mental illness.

Sucks though that no one was able to help her.

melioris 04-19-08 05:56 PM

I know it is inappropriate, but I actually laughed out loud at this part of your comment. Seriously though, you might be hanging out with the wrong (or right?) type of women if her shenanigans feel under the "women are crazy" category for you. And I am not talking about the logo on boob type of stuff, more about all the drama.

lightfungus 04-19-08 07:29 PM

Women are crazy?

Reel Deal 04-19-08 09:37 PM

There are some that aren't?

Robbr25 04-19-08 09:49 PM

WATD
Women Are The Devil

It is sad to hear that she gave up on life.

PShabi 04-19-08 10:35 PM

Yeah, sorta sad. But I won't lose sleep tonight. Far worse things happened today that we didn't hear about than some attention whore offing herself. Carry on.

Kurn 04-20-08 12:06 AM

I tend to agree with your sentiment on this. I recall making a similar comment to friends. in the aftermath of JFK, Jr.'s death

Maybe the sad truth is summed up by saying that when all was said and done, it was no real surprise.

"And they, since they
Were not the one dead, turned to their affairs."
Out, Out- Robert Frost

Spidey44 04-21-08 09:36 AM

Always sad when someone takes their own life (or loses their life otherwise - especially so young). Agree with most of the sentiments already stated though...

Akverno 04-21-08 10:52 AM

She had nice boobs

drewjax 04-21-08 03:04 PM

I know you arent making a direct comparison...........but......

Brandi 'penis on back' and JFK jr. even in the same sentence????

:eek:

Kurn 04-24-08 07:58 AM

You're correct of course. Brandi was initially famous for actually doing something - playing poker - even though she ultimately may have become more famous for off-felt exploits.

JFK, Jr., on the other hand, was more like Paris Hilton, "famous for being famous" only known at all because of who his father was.

Brandi, out of despair, killed only herself. JFK, jr. killed himself *and* 2 others with his own stupidity.

Apologies to Brandi.