The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   4ever? (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9591)

kkirk1329 01-02-07 08:05 PM

4ever?

A couple of my friends and I were discussing this topic, I personally would love to see Favre back in a packer uniform next season, and a few of my friends agree with me. From what it looks like Favre can still perform on the field, maybe not at the level he did when he won 3 MVP's but I still think hes got another year or two in him. What do you guys think? Even with the interceptions and the long bombs that go incomplete I still think he is the best QB to watch play football just because of how much he loves his job.

Reel Deal 01-02-07 08:15 PM

Easily my favorite player so I'd love to see him come back. He's still better than a majority of the other starting QBs in the league IMO.

Unfortunately, I don't thin he's coming back.

X-Longshot-X 01-02-07 08:18 PM

Yes he is, even if it isnt to start the season, Brett isnt a greedy guy, he hasnt asked for much while he was in the NFL but you know he wants those fuckin records

kkirk1329 01-02-07 08:22 PM

I disagree, i think favre has always been the type of player that could care less about records and things like that, i simply think he just loves playing the game of football, and its obvious how much fun he has while doing it.

Should have added, he is by far my favorite player as well, but i do think hes coming back because the packers barely missed the playoffs this season, and in that post game interview he was talking about how it felt good to be reassured he could still play, but then again he was very emotional and at one point i was sure he was going to announce his retirement in that post game interview when he said "I wasn't planning on doing this here."

X-Longshot-X 01-02-07 08:26 PM

Thats on the surface, the way that he plays the game and conducts himself, but deep down inside, he wants those fuckin records

omahilo 01-02-07 08:28 PM

they went 8-8 and right on the bound of making the playoffs in a weak NFC...

The NFC wont be any stronger next year so I see him coming back to make a run at the playoffs and maybe the SB if he can get a few more players on his team.

juiCe[3x] 01-02-07 08:36 PM

I really hope he comes back being a Packer fan. I think we got a good shot to make the playoffs and maybe a run at the super bowl. At the end of the year his recievers were all getting hurt and pretty much playing with new guys. Next year if he comes back he will have Robert Fergusion and Koren Robinson back.

omahilo 01-02-07 08:39 PM

His best WR is probable Greg Jennings other than Donald Driver... Koren Robinson and Robert Ferguson were both 1st round bust and very average recievers at best.

Kurn 01-03-07 01:08 PM

The biggest question here is do you get the '06 Favre or the '05 Favre. Last year he was easily the worst starting QB in the NFL. This year he redeemed himself to a great extent, but how long can he fight off the inevitable.

I remember how painful it was to watch Willie Mays in the last year of his career. better to go out one year too early than one year too late. especially in this league. I mean, Mays couldn't get out of his own way in his last year, but at least he was in no danger of getting crippled.

Reel Deal 01-03-07 01:59 PM

What about Babe Ruth Kurn? What was he like to watch in person? :p ;)

Kurn 01-03-07 02:46 PM

More fun to drink with.:thumbsup: