The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Your predictions for the upcoming baseball season? (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6020)

jaeh00d 03-22-06 08:56 AM

Your predictions for the upcoming baseball season?

AL East, West, Central, and Wild Card

ALCS

NL East, West, Central, and Wild Card

NLCS

and

World Series Champs

Pull it back up and take a look at who was closest at the end of the season

Akverno 03-22-06 09:15 AM

Don't care bout the rest, nl central champs da cubs. World Series champs, da cubs. Juan pierre is going to turn it all around at lead off and mark prior is going to pull a suprising I'm not really injured I was fooling all of you jackasses. And of course he and Woods are going to stay healthy the entire year and their bulpen is going to pull they're collective heads out of each other's asses and manage to win some of those 1 run games.

Edit: when I have time later today I'll actually look at the season and pick the rest of the divisions

GTDawg 03-22-06 10:29 AM

AL

Yankees, White Sox, As, Red Sox

Red Sox over Yankees

NL
Braves, Astros, Dodgers, Mets

Braves over Dodgers

WS
Braves over Red Sox

/obvious

GeoffM 03-22-06 12:50 PM

Jays, Yankees, Indians, As

Jays take AL (not just a "homer" bet this year) over Yankees

Braves, Cardinals, Padres, Mets

Cardinals over Mets in NL

Cardinals over Jays in World Series (hope I am wrong about this outcome).

eejit101 03-22-06 01:51 PM

Yankees, White Sox, Oakland, Wildcard - redsox

Braves, Cardinals, Padres, Wilcard - mets

Then Braves win NLC
Yankees win ALC

Braves 4 - 2 in the WS. ITS OUR YEAR BABY

Zybomb 03-22-06 03:08 PM

Now there's a biased home town prediction :D

thrash1294 03-22-06 07:24 PM

a.l.
redsox ,white sox ,angels

n.l
braves. cards .dodgers

acls
redsox white sox

nlcs
braves .dodgers

worls series
red sox, braves
champs Red sox and I hate the sox,but my braves cant win against the sox

GeoffM 03-22-06 08:02 PM

I'm sorry, but the Jays have a better team then the Red Sox this year, hands down. Schilling sucks, the Sox will miss Damon. The Jays went and picked up some serious firepower in the off-season and if Burnett stays healthy we likely have the best 1-2 in the league with him and Halladay. We also have the best staff in the East.

bigmac024 03-23-06 12:58 AM

Cardinals..Enough said...all the way this year...no holding back..new stadium..real nice

jillaj 03-26-06 03:13 PM

Thats a huge if. Thats like saying the Cubs will have a great staff if Kerry Wood stays healthy. The Jays did spend a lot of money, that doesn't equal success. Just ask the yanks.

PShabi 03-27-06 11:51 AM

Yep, but you lose hella credibility as a Cubs fan when you use the name "Woods" to describe Kerry Wood!!!!!!

That's my biggest Cubs related pet peeve. Next to the fact that they suck.

Akverno 03-28-06 04:16 AM

Oops, got to love those typos after pulling an all night, good catch shabi. I still haven't spent enough time looking over the divisions to make any real predictions. Spent too much time actually doing schoolwork and such.

GTDawg 03-28-06 10:23 AM

And you didn't even make it out of spring training with that prediction.

Welcome to Third PlaceVille, Population=Blue Jays

PShabi 03-28-06 11:02 AM

Did AJ already shit out?

GTDawg 03-28-06 11:13 AM

Updated Mar. 26: Although GM J.P. Ricciardi still won't admit that A.J. Burnett (elbow) will need to begin the season on the disabled list, pitching coach Brad Arnsberg said there's little chance the right-hander will be ready for the first week of the season. The Toronto Sun believes Burnett will miss two to four starts. Unless the setback is any more significant than the Jays have been letting on, two starts would be sufficient. Burnett threw from 60 feet on Friday without any problems. He hasn't reported any soreness since breaking up scar tissue in his right elbow eight days ago.

PShabi 03-28-06 12:03 PM

He and Prior or going to have a hell of a battle for the Cy Young award for simulated games this season.

I'll give the edge to Prior.

GTDawg 03-28-06 12:33 PM

My darkhorse candidate would have to be Kerry Wood.

eejit101 03-28-06 01:29 PM

rivera

lightfungus 03-28-06 04:05 PM

I almost posted:

Braves OVER everyone!

but I realized that would be a waste of a post and would not add anything of value to this thread.

GeoffM 03-28-06 09:43 PM

Actually, I made my post after they reported the injury. He started throwing from a mound again today and he is only going to miss 1 or at most 2 starts. He'll be back in mid-April.

GTDawg 03-28-06 09:49 PM

Who says sports isn't predictable, Shabi?

PShabi 03-28-06 10:25 PM

I should give you negative rep for ruining my night. Why did I have to be a Cubs fan? WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!

PunkyChikn 03-30-06 02:45 AM

Am I the only one who thinks Prior and Wood starting the season on the DL (thus giving Guzman and maybe even Hill a shot at a spot in the rotation and subsequently impress everybody) is a good thing? Maybe I'm crazy, but I'll take anything that'll get Jerome Williams out of the rotation.