The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   LOL. I am a Dumbass (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12644)

Invigilator 11-26-07 11:07 PM

LOL. I am a Dumbass

Okay, a bit harsh maybe. But I had a thread a while ago where I was upset that my PT database was corrupt and I had lost everything.

Decoder tried to help me, but eventually it was time to reformat the computer and move on.

I forgot about 3 little words...

Processed Hand Histories.

Apparently my backup files for these were in the general data backup I did before reformating everything.

Long story short, I am back in business with very little information lost.

Let this be a lesson kids... :confused:+:eek:+:mad:=:donkey

Think it thorugh. :rolleyes:

de-coder 11-26-07 11:39 PM

yeah, sorry about that dude - hosed is the word there...

Jedi Master 11-28-07 03:24 PM

I don't think you're a dumbass... not very bright maybe, and a little obsessive compulsive definitely, but a dumbass... no.

jillaj 11-28-07 03:27 PM

Invig has a fanboy

Talking Poker 11-28-07 03:43 PM

If you didn't lend money to eejit, you shouldn't even be allowed to post in a thread with this title.

Invigilator 11-28-07 05:23 PM

no. Invig has relatives.

Invigilator 11-28-07 10:46 PM

Back on the PT screw-up train

Okay everone, and by everyone I probably just mean De-coder:rolleyes:...

I have almost all of my data back in place in PT ontop of the HH and Tournament summaries I acumulated while it was down.

Hurray for me.

BUT, I just realized that I did not install Postgres BEFORE all of that (I seem to recall De-coder saying that I needed to).

1. How screwed am I, or can I just create a new(empty) DB with Postgres in place and then combine it with the existing DB?

2. I did searches for it, but the places I ended up at had various downloads for drivers and various techno-who-has that baffle a country bumpkin like myself. Is there a prefered link to download this program?

EDIT: we were talking about AA win rate a while ago. With my mostly reconstructed PT DB I can say this (for those it might piss off). in 17,077 hands of 25 max, AA 79 times, win 97.47%, net profit of $276. I imagine it should be a higher net amount, but I don't seem to get a lot of action. I'll have to look at how I play them.

Talking Poker 11-28-07 11:35 PM

You should be able to convert your existing Access db to postgreSQL no problem.

There are detailed step by step instructions in the PT forums, but I remember when I went through it, I made a post here linking to the important info there. Here ya go:

If you search here on postgresql, you'll find a few other threads that may or may not be helpful.

de-coder 11-29-07 12:00 AM

If you do all that and still need a hand give me a call on the weekend and I'll see if I can fix you up.