The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Official Poker Site Status Thread (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8545)

BlibbityBlabbity 10-05-06 05:10 PM

Sites that are Standing their ground:

This will probably take a week or so to compile, but I will try to keep this updated with the status' of the sites and their most recent stance.

Standing Up

AbsolutePoker -
Bodog -
Bugsy's Club -
Doyle's Room -
FullContact Poker -
Full Tilt -
Intertops -
PokerStars -
Tropical Poker -
UltimateBet -

Overreacting

Interpoker (Crypto) -
Jetset Poker -
Noble Poker -
Pacific Poker -
Paradise Poker -
Party Poker -
Poker Room -
Titan Poker -
William Hill -

Payment Processors

FirePay (overreacting) -
Neteller (standing up) -

Talking Poker 10-05-06 06:15 PM

Great idea for a thread (although they could all be listed in one post instead of three). I meant to do it myself, actually, but you beat me to it. :thumbsup:

BlibbityBlabbity 10-05-06 06:34 PM

I actually wasn't sure how I was going to list them. At first I planned to post the list of sites and then copy and paste the latest communication from them (email, media, etc), but I think that might be too long?

Do you think the actual text of the sites responses should be pasted in here, or just links. If it is just the links I will condense them to one post. I mostly just wanted to get the top 2-3 posts in case I changed the format after people replied.

Talking Poker 10-05-06 06:36 PM

I think links are the way to go - much cleaner and easier to find what you are looking for. If people want to see the text, they can click on the link.

If you do decide to delete 2 of your posts, just "soft" delete them. they they will (sort of) still be there, in case you change your mind later.

Robbie Robb 10-05-06 06:47 PM

While I can't find a direct link on their website, I'm pretty sure that Bodog has extended its middle finger north...

Robbie Robb 10-05-06 06:53 PM

And another one that has replied via customer emails that they are staying in the game is UltimateBet. There are emails over on 2+2 from both Bodog and UB support to players reassuring that they are staying in the game.

EDITED TO ADD: Okay. Found a link to PokerNews where UB, Bodog, and Absolute have all indicated that they intend to remain in the game:

Reel Deal 10-05-06 07:52 PM

Thanks BB, very nice.

Robbie Robb 10-06-06 07:58 AM

Add Full Contact Poker to the list of companies that are sticking around. And, since they're part of OnGame, I'm presuming that all of OnGame is in for the long haul. This is from an email I got from them this morning:

Reel Deal 10-12-06 10:57 PM

Any news at all from PokerRoom?

Defendant 10-13-06 01:11 AM

Assuming theyre a go, since Fullcontact stays, being a Pokerroom skin

Talking Poker 10-13-06 03:10 PM

Don't be so sure:

Reel Deal 10-13-06 03:33 PM

Off to cash out at PR. :rolleyes:

Kurn 10-13-06 08:57 PM

Fyi

Well, Friday the 13th is hear, and my understanding is that Dubya signed the bill. So, just for the hell of it, I tried to deposit some money at 'Stars using my Debit/MasterCard, issued by my 100% US Bank.

It was approved. :D

The only point here is that most banks will probably take close to the full 270 days to get their ducks in line.

jimmym 10-13-06 10:38 PM

Sportingbet.com sold for $1...lol

Reel Deal 10-14-06 07:33 AM

Or ignore it completely. :D

Talking Poker 11-27-06 05:48 PM

I think it's time to unstick this thread....

So long, thread!!!