The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ted Forest - PS Million Guaranteed (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6433)

Windbreaker 04-24-06 02:45 AM

Ted Forest - PS Million Guaranteed

The buzz around a few of the forums is that Ted Forest was the third place finisher in the Million Guaranteed tonight, under the alias theprofess. I have no idea if it's true....but he took home $53, 590 for his finish.

MAYHEM45 04-24-06 02:50 AM

Yeah, thats his acount, but nobody is sure yet if it was really him playing.

In other news, the guy that won it all is from my city. Wierd.

X-Longshot-X 04-24-06 09:13 AM

Ted Forest has been kinda quiet lately....he needed that win to get his name back out there, i havent seen him much at all lately

Robbie Robb 04-24-06 09:26 AM

He won the NBC Heads-Up Challenge last month if that's what you're talking about. It's currently airing on Sundays on NBC. They've done two episodes so far.

X-Longshot-X 04-24-06 09:28 AM

DOH....Nice Spoiler........lol gimme a spoler notice next time or something man......

Robbie Robb 04-24-06 10:33 AM

Sorry man, it was all over the poker news websites. I figured that it was old news. Cardplayer.com had it plastered all over their front page, as did pokernews.com.

X-Longshot-X 04-25-06 09:08 AM

its all good, i try not to go to those sites for that very reason....i have no cable so the only events i get to see are those that are on national TV so i try not to ruin it....however i got a nice bet out of knowing who won lol....My friend called me retarded when i picked TF.....looks like someones gonna owe me a tourney buy in..... :-)

Robbie Robb 04-25-06 09:12 AM

That's awesome. At least it worked out for you...

X-Longshot-X 04-25-06 09:34 AM

Yeah, we do like a draft for the heads up championship.....we each pick our 32 players before the tourney airs and who ever wins it gets a buy in to one of our SNG home games ($10.00) last year i had hellmuth and this year i had forest......2 for 2 i guess.....we will see about next year

Talking Poker 04-25-06 12:06 PM

Let me get this straight.... You guys bet on PAST EVENTS? LOL... can I play with you next time too?

Hey, wanna put some action on this week's WPT Event? I'll give you REALLY good odds, as long as you don't pick the person that won. Oh, and this summer, where there are approximately 8000 people in the WSOP, I'll take just 100:1 (sick odds!) that I can name THE WINNER before the first episode of the Main Event airs. Shit, I'll take 1:1.

GTDawg 04-25-06 12:20 PM

TP, you wanna do a March Madness pool next week?

Talking Poker 04-25-06 12:23 PM

LOL. What, do you think I'm stupid? That aired ages ago!

But.... I would be up for watching some ESPN Classic and placing a wager or two along the way.

X-Longshot-X 04-25-06 12:37 PM

Well...Neither one of us has internet....its just a friendly bet, and we trust each other not to find a way online to look......Srry if i offended you in some way....but thats the way we do it. you may not, but we bet on one event a year and my bad if we have no way to know who is in it until AI comes out with the article.....after it has aired......

Robbie Robb 04-25-06 12:50 PM

?????????????????????

GTDawg 04-25-06 12:51 PM

You wanna bet on that?

Talking Poker 04-25-06 01:28 PM

You guys beat me to it. WTF?

And no one is offended, Longshot. We just think it's funny that anyone would bet on past events.

I've got a $20 that says Saddam Hussein will be ousted from power in Iraq before Castro in Cuba. Castro is way older (I think), so I'm liking your odds if you take this bet!

eejit101 04-25-06 01:31 PM

Ive got $25 on TP making a post about saddam hussain and fidel castro sometime before the end of the 25th of April.

Anyone?