The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Over / Under... (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4494)

Talking Poker 12-12-05 03:07 AM

Over / Under...

So, what's the Over/Under on how long until Brian is in here posting about how ZeeJustin won today's $500k guaranteed at Stars?

I say 1:00 PM later today.

Now, let me be the first to say that YES, I am damn impressed by this.

I also find it encouraging. Justin is a very good player, and seeing him take that tourney down (after finishing 2nd in the big Party a month or so ago).... well, I like when good players are rewarded for good play.

MAYHEM45 12-12-05 03:09 AM

I think it should be number of seconds after he finishes reading about it on his blog. My bet is 7.42s, any takers? :D

PShabi 12-12-05 09:48 AM

Over / under is 2 on # of times Justin would have to ask for Brian to provide oral pleasure.

Penguinfan 12-12-05 10:05 AM

I know so much better than to even bring this up, but...

You say that, yet you are so at the ready to defend horrible plays that knock out the player who made the right move, I don't get it?

PShabi 12-12-05 10:32 AM

example?

Penguinfan 12-12-05 10:42 AM

Took almost a half hour for you to come running to his defense?

Nevermind, like I said I knew it was a bad idea to even bring it up.

With a pile if facts in hand it would be useless to argue with you in this thread.

TP please disreguard and lock this up, my fault.

PShabi 12-12-05 10:46 AM

Took you 10 minutes to act like a 9 year old.

Seriously, I could've said, "Fortune Cookies" and got a rise out of you.

Asking for an example is hardly defending someone.

Talking Poker 12-12-05 12:47 PM

What in the hell???

I have no idea what Penguin is talking about. If *anyone* wants to provide a little evidence of a "horible play" I've defended that has knocked out the player who made the right move, I'd like to see one. ESPECIALLY if the "horrible play" is one I've made or one that ZeeJustin made, etc... because I suspect it might not be quite as horrible as it looks on the surface.

Here is the only thing that comes to mind for me right now:

Yes, he put all his chips in as the underdog, but I don't think it was a "horrible play" at all. He had a lot of outs, he was getting short stacked, the pot was laying him good odds, and he took a chance. Later in , I said:

Maybe that's what Penguin means? Of course, this play didn't knock me out, so maybe he means something else... Kinda hard to tell with such a random out of the blue attack.

Whatever the inspiration for this, if you provide me with a little more detail, I'd be happy to try to explain what it is you apparently aren't understanding...

BTW, later in that tourney, when the idiot BB called my SB AQ all in ON THE BUBBLE with A6o, THAT was a horrible, horrible play. Please note how I didn't defend that...

Penguinfan 12-12-05 12:55 PM

I said I was already sorry I brought it up.

For the record I was not attacking you, don't take it that way.

Talking Poker 12-12-05 01:24 PM

Sure seems like it, but whatever. If you'd like me to explain something to you that you've read and don't understand, I'd be happy to try, but I can't defend myself against random comments with nothing backing them up.

P.S. The winner, by a mere 11 minutes, was the over:

PShabi 12-12-05 01:38 PM

At first glance, I remembered back to a "Bad Beat" or maybe a "how to" thread where Penguin took a beating on what was the "correct" play. You defended the opponent saying you could see why he made the call he did.

I'm just guessing right now and the thread I remember may not have even involved Pfan.

Edit: I think it was this one.

Talking Poker 12-12-05 01:49 PM

You're right - I'm sure that's it now that you mention it.

I don't think I can explain it any better than I already did in that thread though.

Tony Cheval 12-12-05 02:10 PM

Mmm, I love the smell of passive-aggressiveness in the morning.

PShabi 12-12-05 04:17 PM

You lazy fuck. It's 10 after 2!!!! :p

kmb13592 12-12-05 05:40 PM

Is Justin Zee on this forum.