The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Thursday Games! (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8156)

omahilo 09-06-06 02:14 PM

Thursday Games!

Well we got two games for Thursday night. A college game and the opening game of the NFL season.

I did bet the college game....

I took OSU +8 vs Boise st.

Im not sure if this is the right bet or not, it seems like alot of people like OSU to play Boise tough this year and even win this one outright but I do have one problem with it. You never bet against Boise St on the smurf turf. OSU has the better team on paper but paper doesnt mean shit.

I havent looked at the PITT/MIA game as of yet... I know as of right now it is at a Pickem. I know everyone is cheering for PITT since they bet them on Mansion but does anyone have any real thoughts on this game? PITT right now looks good at a pickem even without roethelisberger.

Penguinfan 09-06-06 03:07 PM

The line at PK is a complete over-reaction to Batch getting the start. Yes Batch is a significant downgrade from Roethleisberger, but it is still the Steelers vs Dolphins, not Big Ben vs Dolphins.

Miami, while above average on the road last year is gonna need to be getting at least 4 points before I would consider putting money on them, and thats with Batch as QB. With Ben playing I think Manison was gonna pay out on that bet.

omahilo 09-07-06 10:22 AM

I ended up going with the Steelers as a PK at home...

I like the steelers to come out huge here tonight to start defending their title. The dolphins have improved from last year but I still cant see them beating the steelers. The dolphins will finish over .500 this year but wont win this game.

So tonight I like the following games...

OSU +8 vs Boise

PITT PK vs MIA

Hopefully we can keep the early hot streak going.

Talking Poker 09-07-06 12:30 PM

I like the Steelers straight up and I too think the new line is an overreaction. I don't like the Steelers at -5, where I have them for a G note, but you never know. If the "true line" (IMO) should be a FG, then they only need to get one extra score and I'm money.

Here's hoping for:
Steelers - 24
Dolphins - 17

omahilo 09-07-06 11:18 PM

That Oregon St pick was about as bad as it gets...

like I said, never bet against Boise on the smurf turf.

should of listened to myself.

jillaj 09-08-06 12:07 AM

It sure looked good for you after the 1st 10 minutes though.

Govman6767 09-08-06 03:25 AM

TP said remember it's miami and to a certain point he's right but pittsburg is playing injured and Miami won it's last 6 games last year.
Something did not seem right about this game oh well in the end I'm wrong
Pitt won but for a while there I was thinking dam I hit it right on the head

omahilo 09-08-06 02:13 PM

I agree they were winning 14-7 after the 1st quarter then the wheels fell way the hell off.

Penguinfan 09-08-06 02:42 PM

Did ya happen to get a glimpse of the Cal/Tenn game last week I was on?

When you get the mercy rule called on you when your LAYING points, that's having the wheels fall off.

omahilo 09-08-06 11:19 PM

I totally agree with that... aleast I had 8 pts to play with... when your giving 3 pts and losing by 30... its just horrible.