The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   Poker on TV (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   WPT Bay 101 - Travel Channel (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2209)

BlibbityBlabbity 06-09-05 09:04 AM

WPT Bay 101 - Travel Channel

After the "excellent poker play tonight" that we saw in this event, I forsee an influx in the amount of really great calls with inside straight draws and bottom pairs with no kicker, draws to runner-runner sucker straights, etc, etc. :rolleyes:

A great time to be a solid poker player! :)

Oh and of course we had the normal collection of dumb comments....heres my favorite.....

"Vince, I think this is what you call a Nguyen-Nguyen situation." when Danny N and Men N were in an all-in pot........[SLAP] :p

Talking Poker 06-09-05 01:32 PM

That was some of the worst final table play I have ever seen. The guy who won was a complete lunatic. CALLING all in with a gutshot? With 4 high? Come on, dude.

The worst was when he went all in with A7s (I have no problem with this play), got called by AK and the flop brought a King.

Sure enough, running 7s later and instead of being sent home, he's able to go on to win the whole thing. If I was that AK guy....... oh man, I don't even know.

BrianSwa 06-09-05 04:00 PM

sucked

I watched this at work and it almost made me sick, this is why you always want to play against dealers. I felt sooo bad for gus.

Zybomb 06-09-05 07:30 PM

Absolutely horrible -- and the final two were disgusting...no wonder they showed all of 2 hands. It was a complete maniac (I dunno how this guy got to the final table -- he had so many bad beats at this final table, he would of needed tons more to get here playing the way he does) vs the tightest player on planet earth (except when he calls an all in with 2 overs?) this guy folded Axs, k10s and other similiar hands, on the button in an unopened pot with 4 players at the table.......youve got to be kidding me

As soon as I saw Dannys ridiculous play (and calls) I was like I cant wait till he gets busted out....bad beat after bad beat though, it never happened....unbelievable

Hes the kind of player youd be with at a table and just look at him like what in the world are doing?

PS: I wonder what hed be like in a cash game

Zybomb 06-09-05 07:32 PM

But it did have one great quote.......(in the correct accent) "I raise......aww you can eat bayybeeee"

junYUN 06-09-05 09:17 PM

guess i missed this one....

PShabi 06-10-05 10:54 PM

And people wonder where the stereotype "gambling asian" comes from.

junYUN 06-11-05 07:04 PM

wow, just watched this one and now i know what you're talking about...ubelievable call of that 350,000 with the inside draw

Zybomb 06-12-05 03:05 AM

unbelievable? more like moronic

junYUN 06-12-05 08:21 AM

well yeah, unbelievable in a "omfg i cant fucking BELIEVE you just called"