The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   Poker on TV (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   whos the best? (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4022)

drizzel_121 11-25-05 04:22 PM

whos the best?

who is the best poker playr of all time tell me why?

ytock 11-25-05 04:25 PM

ben affleck man i saw that dude play once and he was good
hehe
seriously tho id say stu ungar just cos he had no fear, he would go all in knowing that if he lost he was good enough to enter the next tourney and win it. plus all his wsop wins

culver boy 11-25-05 06:26 PM

phil ivey! i dont know why but he is good. i also like gus hanson...not sure

drizzel_121 11-25-05 08:20 PM

gus

yeah i liek gus alot too hes agressive and wins alot he would be difficult at the tables thats for sure

X-Longshot-X 11-25-05 11:25 PM

I think that all of your picks are a little too obvious you are all picking the big named super stars....i know it sounds dumb but u have to look at new players like raymer who has made it deep into many tournies since his WSOP debut, also online players ( I know its not live) but Shawn "The Shiek" Sheikan is a genious when it comes to online poker he has made some many final tables it would make many pros cry, his live game is getting a lot better too, they may not be "THE BEST" But these young players could give a lot of pros and great player a run for their money

StevieD33 11-26-05 10:16 PM

The shiek is a joke in live games not by his playing ability, but by the way he

conducts himself. how he acted in the WSOP was a joke and if it were my

call i would not like to see him come back. I really hope he proves me wrong

in the coming years with a little attitude adjustment. He plays very well

though........

Ando05 11-27-05 12:02 AM

i dont know why most of the people say that stu ungar is the best player i mean i am not saying he wasnt good, but i gotta go with doyle brunson, i mean that man has been playing poker for over 40 years, not only that he has 10 bracelets, i think he is the greatest player

X-Longshot-X 11-27-05 12:05 AM

yeah the shiek could use an attitude adjustment but he is a very good player, i think the episode that we all saw with the mouth was just a release of built up tension and it looked really really nasty, u gotta realize he was kinda SS and the mouth had been at him all night, not defending him though

coolieo69er 11-27-05 01:59 PM

Gotta go with Gus Hansen. He is a very agrresive player and is very intimidating to play against. He alos is very entertainig to watch. The man has domintaed the wpt too.

ytock 11-27-05 02:06 PM

hey man we dont get the wsop live over here any chance of a few more details?
cheers

X-Longshot-X 11-27-05 08:32 PM

lol a guy wins and onther 5600 or so lose.....no but the final table is mike th mouth and some other not so well known people

Favre[4] 11-27-05 10:38 PM

Id say Doyle Brunson is the best close followed by Phil Ivey. Phil Ivey is a very good player and in a couple of years i think he will prove how good he is and win some big tournaments.

Aequitas58 11-27-05 11:08 PM

That's putting it lightly. Phil is the nuts.

Reel Deal 11-28-05 10:10 AM

Favre[4] 11-28-05 04:38 PM

Lol, thats a funny picture. She isnt that bad of a player but she acts like she is the best because she is a girl. Also when she took like 5 minutes to act that one time was rediculous.(Sorry my spelling is bad).

BrianSwa 11-28-05 05:53 PM

nope

according to TP who was there it was alot longer then 5 minutes think he said like 15 or 20 minutes.

Talking Poker 11-28-05 06:32 PM

I didn't see it, but that's what I heard from someone who did. I think he said 10-15...

X-Longshot-X 11-28-05 06:36 PM

thats horrible, how do take 10-15 minutes to make that call? the hand wasnt even that great, it wasnt a life or death situation there is absolutely no reason one could take that much time

S2peck02 11-30-05 06:33 PM

deffinantly Johnny Chan...if he played more tournys he would be SO AMAZING

FatRufus 12-04-05 05:13 PM

By far, Dave "the devilfish" ulliot. He plays with any hand and wins with any hand. He could go all-in with AA or 2,7, offsuite. Thats my kind of poker player

Hawt 12-04-05 05:42 PM

This guy Hawt cashes in tournaments more than all the bots at Party combined, but, besides him, I would have to go with Raymer. Even before he won the WSOP he was a strong and sound player, and always gave out solid advice on the 2+2 forums, it seems like the man lives for huge fields. I don't know how his cash game is, but for strictly tournaments he is up there along with Phil Hellmuth. Say what you will about Phil but he gets his shit done and cashes even if he doesn't "win".

Talking Poker 12-04-05 06:00 PM

I've played with DevilFish. He's good, but I don't tihnk he's the best. Just my opinion...

X-Longshot-X 12-05-05 06:17 PM

I bet he was fun to play with, a colorful character no?

Talking Poker 12-05-05 06:32 PM

Kinda. For the most part, he was just a normal guy. He was two seats to my left for the better part of a day, so we got to chat quite a bit. Oddly enough, when our table broke up (down to 5 tables), he ended up ONE SEAT to my left at our new table.

The #1 thing that surprised me about him..... he complained about bad beats and bad play more than I expected him to. It definitely got under his skin. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, necessarily - I mean, he is one of the best players in the world, hands down - but it surprised me, that's all.

Away from the poker tables, he was a great guy. I chatted with him in the bar after I got busted, saw him on the beach a couple of times, enjoyed his musical talents (piano, guitar, singing), and was VERY impressed with his skills with the ladies.

I also got to check out his "DevilFish" rings, up close and personal. He said he either used to be a jeweler or owned a jewelery store or something like that. I forget.

X-Longshot-X 12-05-05 06:34 PM

What tourney was this? online or live or what??/