The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Wings vs Hawks (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15450)

jillaj 05-17-09 06:50 PM

Wings vs Hawks

I just got this in an email from a friend of mine. Mayhem and RD will like this. He is a tad bitter about game 1.

I hate their shitty ass city and understand why 1 million people have left and why the hemorrhaging just continues year after year. I've been in cities in third world countries that were less depressing than Detroit...

I hate every single obnoxious member of their fan base, including Kristen Bell, fcuking Red Wing Whore.....

I hate that Chicago is infested with obnoxious Red Wing fans, because they can't stand to live in their own shitty ass burg...Root for Detroit? HELL YEAH! Live there? OH HELL NO!.......

I hate the whole dumbass octopus thing and I hope someone tries to do it in the UC and gets their ass handed to them and has to be carried back to the main concourse, bleeding their Red Wing blood all the way.....

I hate they have declared themselves "Hockeytown" when any random town in Canada is 100x the "Hockeytown" they are. This is even more ignorant that the Cardinals "Greatest fans in Baseball!!!!" shtick. At least the Cardinals haven't mowed it into the grass in Center Field......

...and somehow I hate them more now than I did 3 hours ago even though I didn't think it physically possible.

MAYHEM45 05-17-09 07:37 PM

Haha, suck it hawks.

JDMcNugent7 05-17-09 08:56 PM

how is stl not best baseball town anyway?

PShabi 05-17-09 09:30 PM

Because McGwire is a fucking cheater.

jillaj 05-17-09 09:33 PM

lol

I knew you wouldn't let this go by.

Fildy 05-17-09 09:33 PM

just cause ur only decent sports team is in baseball doesn't mean you are a baseball town. same goes for people (mostly locals) calling Cleveland a great basketball town. Ya right.

JDMcNugent7 05-17-09 11:00 PM

i Hate him.

I think Stl is still a huge baseball town and possibly best baseball city if you're talking fans. I dn how many times I've heard how much more educated about baseball Stl fans are than most other places. And the Rams aren't Always horrible (superbowl just 9 years ago) , and the Blues are at least always in the playoffs. Longest streak without a stanley cup! something to be proud of lol

PShabi 05-17-09 11:33 PM

:rolleyes:
Yeah, from douchebags in STL. How is that measured and by whom, exactly? It's silly.

JDMcNugent7 05-17-09 11:43 PM

when its on ESPN they pretty much say it every time

jillaj 05-18-09 12:06 AM

lol

Honestly stl fans are some of the best. Of course you guys have been consistently good for 10+ years now so that helps. But this notion that they are the best and most knowledgeable bar none is something you fans seem to hang your hat on like it means something. It is simply douchetastic. I mean there are freaking billboards congratulating yourselves on being the best fans in baseball all around the metro area. Its like one big jean short wearing mullet having circle jerk.

JDMcNugent7 05-18-09 01:02 AM

lol were proud of it. the end made me laugh. love the jorts and the mullets, comon.

PShabi 05-18-09 02:08 AM

Because it's always the dickriding duo of Joe Morgan and Jon Miller. They're like a broken record. Whenever I get stuck watching one of their broadcasts, I can predict what those two are going to say before they say it.

Reel Deal 05-18-09 11:47 AM

Because Boston and Chicago exist... and St. Louis is the most boring big city I've ever visited.

Reel Deal 05-18-09 11:51 AM

You must spread more reputation points around before giving them to jillaj again.

Wes 05-18-09 02:40 PM

hey guys I wanted to join in the circle jerk. which side is winning in this pointless argument?

jillaj 05-18-09 03:32 PM

Does it matter?

melioris 05-18-09 06:22 PM

Ron Paul

Spuddy 05-18-09 06:49 PM

lets go hawks