The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Pitt @ NE (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12753)

jdiana86 12-07-07 04:31 PM

Pitt @ NE

oh man do i love pitt in this spot getting 10.5 - A great defense always beats a great offense. On top of that, everyone is high on NE offense with is always a sign to bet on the other side. Pitt will keep this one close the whole way and possibly win.

thrash1294 12-07-07 05:47 PM

It sounds good but remember this is the team that went to arizona and got spanked also You never know which team is going to show up.I will shy away from this game.But I do like the cowboys giving 10.5 to detroit.Two team going in different directions

jdiana86 12-07-07 06:13 PM

The more I look at this game, the more I like the Steelers. Both are playing for a buy in the first round...OK. One thing I noticed is that the Patriots don't play with any urgency. They know they are going to the playoffs with a first round buy. If the Steelers can get pressure on Brady, the Steelers will blow them out. The Steelers are on a 8 game winning streak. PIT are 8-1 ATS in their last 9 games in December. underdog is 7-1 ATS in their last 8 meetings.
# Road team is 6-2 ATS in their last 8 meetings. I'm not one to bet on trends but this game looks like a lock. I'm pounding the Steelers.
nuff said

Kurn 12-07-07 06:16 PM

Steelers are 0-3 on the road outside their division and have played badly in their last three games.

If the game is close, Patriots will win. They always win the close ones.

Payback for the Steelers breaking the 21-0 streak.

Payback for an idiot 2nd string db mouthing off.

Not even close.

Pats 37-3 :D :thumbsup: :cool: :talktothehand

Zybomb 12-07-07 06:56 PM

Didnt my Jets beat the Steelers? :D

redbank09 12-07-07 07:35 PM

new england wins, but im not sure if they cover. im thinking thet win by 7-10 points but im undecided about 10.5. i would try to tease it to the steelers getting 16.5 and bring the over down 6 points, then take that teaser.

jdiana86 12-07-07 08:27 PM

The Patriots should have lost to a 4-8 Baltimore team, and ended up only winning by 3 pts. This is the same Ravens team that got beat up by pitt 38-7. The pats failed to cover agaisnt the eagles, they failed to cover against the ravens, and they will fail to cover agaist the steelers

Kurn 12-08-07 12:36 PM

Meh. Great teams win games they're supposed to lose.

Pats got criticized for winning too big, now for winning too small. Seriously. The Steelers lost to the Jets, beat the Dolphins 3-0 and should've lost to the Bengals, when Wilie Parker suddenly couldn't hold on to the football. He should've been benched in that last game.

That's a weak coach.

Steelrs D is not as physical up front as either the Ravens or the Eagles.

Better Coach + Better QB = win.

I'm willing to eat crow if I'm wrong, but IMO the Steelers leave The Blade with tail between legs.

jdiana86 12-08-07 01:14 PM

Miami is a better team then their record show. I think that the steelers thought they were gonna roll over them and didn't come to play. Also it was a primetime game so the dolphins were extra pumped to try and win their first game of the season.

jdiana86 12-09-07 12:41 PM

I'm on Pitt Moneyline for 1 unit and Pitt plus the points for another unit.

Talking Poker 12-09-07 04:42 PM

Did you seriously say you liked the Cowboys -10.5??? I like Pitt + 10.5 but not NEARLY as much as I like Detroit +10.5. That game was my lock of the week... shame I was gone this weekend and didn't get to post in this thread until now. I would have given you as much action as you wanted on that game.

drewjax 12-09-07 06:58 PM

next

thrash1294 12-09-07 07:01 PM

yep took the boys (oops)
lost juice due to victory by green bay.
may go on the plus side with N.E.

figured thecowboys scorefast then the lions quit.went the oppisite way :eek:

Kurn 12-09-07 08:51 PM

Best part was watching Smith bite on play fakes, miss assignments and tackles.

Game was in hand after Brady got in his face after the first TD.

Now we begin hearing the line from Pittsburgh that this game was a "fact finding expedition."

Well, yeah, Steelers found out a fact: They can't beat the Pats.

Talking Poker 12-10-07 12:15 AM

Play of the day:

My God that guy can throw. And I don't mean Moss. :thumbsup:

lightfungus 12-10-07 12:28 AM

He kinda almost underthrew that... don't you think he should have gotten rid of that a second or two earlier. He wound up too long...it was a 62 yard pass though, but the safety missed it by inches.

Talking Poker 12-10-07 12:56 AM

I agree. But it was still sweet.