The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Dear Latroy Hawkins (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1944)

junYUN 05-06-05 06:01 PM

Dear Latroy Hawkins

As a lifelong Cubs fan (and quite a diehard I might add), I have finally come to really hate a member of the organization -- you. Are you ever going to hold a lead? You're killing me. I can't take it.

Painfully,
Me

omahilo 05-06-05 06:21 PM

I would say I feel bad but Im a reds fan.

Also I got Billy Wagner on my fantasy team so I got a win out of the deal. :D

PShabi 05-06-05 10:59 PM

To top it off the Bulls just lost. Shitty day to be a Chicago fan. Cubs blow, Bulls are knocked out, and the Sox are good.

Life sucks for Chicago fans.

junYUN 05-07-05 10:29 PM

the bulls at least looked good all season..the cubs are reeling and now that nomar is out, wood is out, hawkins looks awful, and our starting up the middle is niefi perez and jerry hairston........... i really hope they get their heads out their asses and pull it together.

oh and fuck the white sox

lightfungus 05-09-05 03:17 AM

yeah i dropped latroy after one week in fantasy...gl cubbies.

on the other side go bravos

W:16-0 over the fucking astros who knocked us out last year

junYUN 05-09-05 04:13 AM

hardly the same astros.

on a side note, zambrano tossed 135 pitches to end the streak, and hawkins has been bumped from closer for dempster. i'm feeling optimistic about cubdom already (it doesnt take much to excite a cubs fan). zambrano was still throwing 98 on pitch 135, guys an absolute monster!

PShabi 05-09-05 09:46 AM

Big Z is easily my favorite player.

GeoffM 05-09-05 09:53 AM

The Chicago Bulls are once again going to be a powerhouse if they can keep most of this team together. They will lose a couple of guys, but if they can keep Heinrich, Chandler, Deng, Gordon and Duhon around, they will be awesome next year and beyond.

omahilo 05-09-05 11:35 AM

Too bad Zambrano is going to be like Wood and Prior.... injuried that is because Dusty Baker is a idiot and uses his pitchers to no end.

I guess he didnt learn from Wood and Prior.

PS: I agree Zambrano is a great pitcher but Baker is still a idiot.

junYUN 05-09-05 04:11 PM

i think Z is built much differently than prior and wood, and if you don't recall baker rode Z pretty hard last year as well. he is an absolute monster, and i think there are some pitchers that can handle a big workload. obviously, he can't go out and toss 130 pitches per start, but doing it in a situation where the cubs NEEDED a win, and he was still throwing 98, wasn't that questionable IMO.

omahilo 05-09-05 04:16 PM

he is durable but all it takes is 1 more pitch than he can handle for him to blow out his arm.

lightfungus 05-10-05 01:07 AM

Astros-Beltran=no playoffs (at least the way they are going)

junYUN 05-10-05 02:04 AM

more like astros-kent-berkman-beltran=no playoffs

also hawkins gave up more late runs :(