The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   PokerStars Support FTW (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16223)

Kurn 02-27-10 09:23 AM

PokerStars Support FTW

Got this e-mail Yesterday:

Hello,

PokerStars has become aware of two players who were working together in our Sit & Go tournaments to the detriment of other players. You were involved in at least one tournament with these players and as a result you may have been adversely affected.

The players' accounts were closed and their funds frozen pending a thorough investigation, which is now complete. Fortunately the problem was identified quickly and they had only played in a few tournaments before the accounts were closed.

In a case such as this it is our policy to confiscate the colluders' winnings or balances and to distribute them to the players affected by their actions in as fair a way as possible. To confirm your credit, log onto your PokerStars account, go to the 'Cashier' screen and click the 'History' button. Your share will be shown "ADMIN CREDIT", followed by the amount of the credit.

I regret that we will be unable to answer questions as to how your specific credit amount was calculated. Likewise, we are not at liberty to identify the specific games or players in question. Suffice to say that they have been barred from the site and you will not encounter them again.

The integrity of the games at PokerStars is of paramount importance to us and we will not abide cheating or collusion in our games. We work hard to police our games and prevent such instances. In the rare cases where collusion has actually occurred, we make sure that any players affected are compensated appropriately.

Thank you for your continued play here on PokerStars. Please do not hesitate to let us know any time we can be of help.

Kind Regards,

Jim
PokerStars Game Security

I hadn't noticed anything odd in the SNGs I'd played there in the past month, but there you go. A little chunk of money equal yo about 2 buy-ins put back in my account.

:thumbsup: 'Stars

VeryMoonFunk 02-27-10 10:08 AM

Pokerstars is definitely the best in the business at customer service.

If only they had rakeback, knockout tourneys, and rush poker, it'd be near-perfect!

tonic 02-27-10 11:34 AM

Cake poker is no where even close to the size of stars but if u email support they are on it in less than 5 mins. easy to get rakeback as well. I guess alot of that has to do with the small size of the site

VeryMoonFunk 02-27-10 12:40 PM

I would get rakeback at Cake if I didn't have an account already. I signed up for Full Tilt and Cake before I knew about rakeback, and I'm really kicking myself.

I would kill to have rakeback on FTP right now....

Wes 02-28-10 01:30 PM

does your mom, dad, brother, sister, wife, close friend want to "play" poker?

VeryMoonFunk 02-28-10 02:19 PM

I suppose my mom would be interested in having an account to "play" rush poker. Maybe once I'm done with this bonus I'm clearing I'll transfer over some $$ to her account. I'm playing enough these days that it will definitely be worth it to do this.

If I create an account and transfer money from my account, will they be suspicious if I transfer it back to my own account in order to cash out, or will they not even pay attention to something small like this?

Talking Poker 02-28-10 09:45 PM

They might be suspicious and the cash out part could be a problem... but if they ask your mom for ID and she sends it in to verify, seems reasonable to me. I mean, you are certainly entitled to stake your mom, right?

(Obv don't forget to have your mom sign up to FT by following )

PShabi 02-28-10 10:07 PM

Creating a "mom" account can be done. Transferring to and from to fund the account and also cashout is a BAD idea and you should not try it.

WindowlickingGud 03-22-10 10:47 AM

Are you connected to an affialate(sp?) ? If not u can usually get it by emailing them and asking them. If u are connected to someone then u cannot ever!