The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Wcoof (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10910)

omahilo 05-12-07 11:48 PM

Wcoof

we should do this.

TP Edit: Preregistration ends on Wednesday, May 23 at 3 PM ET!!!

Invigilator 05-13-07 12:02 AM

Wow

I did not register, but I read it over and it looks like a lot of fun. I think I would be up for it!

Talking Poker 05-13-07 01:11 PM

I've gotten about 1000 emails from these OFC guys and started auto-deleting them. This sounds pretty good though, so I'll look into it and register us if you guys are interested. Looks like the "Main Event" is a $50 buy in, but there are tons of sattys running too...

Actually, I just checked and "Talking Poker" is already on the list of forums you can represent, so if you are interested, go for it. Represent!

I'll make another thread to promote this more soon...

de-coder 05-13-07 01:31 PM

I've registered - let's kick some *insert crappy online forum here* ass!

Nikita 05-13-07 02:01 PM

I'm registered, dunno how many I can play in though, but I will try to represent.

Kurn 05-15-07 08:57 AM

I'm registered. I'll see how many I can play after the schedule comes out, but I'm definitely in for the ME.

Invigilator 05-15-07 11:22 AM

I'm in

I just registered. :thumbsup:

The wife is a little concerned about the wording of the confirmation, saying that I was pre-registered for all the events.

She thinks that means I have to pay all the buy-ins weather I play or not.

I have mostly convinced her that this is not the case, but a word from one of you would help.

eejit101 05-15-07 11:44 AM

yes Mrs invig, he is right..... there u go.

Ill play if i can:cheers:

MAYHEM45 05-15-07 11:49 AM

Looks like the final tourneys are on the opening weekend of WSOP. I'll be in Vegas, sorry guys.

Invigilator 05-15-07 12:23 PM

See honey, I told you.

thank you uncle eejit. :)

Talking Poker 05-15-07 12:54 PM

Hey, if they let you play without paying, go for it! But no, I'm sure you're only going to play in as many as you pay for. The whole "registration" thing is just to tie you to a forum.

Talking Poker 05-15-07 12:55 PM

Well, so of a..... guess I'm out too. GL to everyone who plays!

Reel Deal 05-15-07 02:42 PM

Dear Mrs. Invig,

Mr. Invig now has to pay for all events whether he shows up or not and actually must pay double for pre-registering so early.

I would suggest withholding sex for at least the remainder of the year.

Best regards,

RD

Invigilator 05-15-07 03:26 PM

HA! Joke's on you! You can't cut off what don't get! :( (look, he's purple)

Invigilator 05-15-07 03:34 PM

Current Plan

At this point I am planning on playing...

Sat. May 26th Freeroll -3 pm
Wed. May 30th $5 -9 pm
Fri. June 1st $10 -9 pm

I am considering others, but I have never been a big fan of turbo or rebuy events. If I weaken on one of these, it would likely be the rebuys.

* if my cash games keep going well I MIGHT consider a direct buy-in to the Main Event (assuming I don't win a seat first)

WCOOF or WSOP? either way, let's hope the forum represents well.

Spidey44 05-15-07 03:59 PM

In! Hopefully I can get into more than one of these.. GL all.

Invigilator 05-16-07 07:11 PM

Why I like this

Truth be told, I have never tried to satty into anything before. My biggest tournaments todate have been $5 SNG's and $5 open tournaments. I am really looking forward to the experience and playing, knowing that my results may be watched by people who just might give a crap.

Invigilator 05-20-07 09:44 AM

Anyone else planning on this?

So far, as far as I can tell the TP contingent is...

Kurn
Nikita
De-coder
Spidey
Eejit (maybe)
Invigilator

Anyone else? This could be a lot of fun. If you are not going to Vegas for the WSOP, you should definitely get in on this.

Omahilo, you started this thread. Have you registered yet?

omahilo 05-20-07 10:47 AM

I havent register yet... when does it start exactly? I never really looked at all the info.

I might be able to play a few events depending on the time...

Robbie Robb 05-20-07 10:47 AM

I'm registered but unfortunately won't be able to play in the main event as I have to work. I may play in some of the $5 or $10 qualifiers just to get some tourney play in but not too sure.

Talking Poker 05-22-07 02:36 PM

FYI - Preregistration for this ends on Wednesday at 3 PM ET.

I am unable to play in the Main Event (I'll be playing in a WSOP event in Vegas that day), but I'm registering anyway to pad our sorry looking TP.com registration stats a bit. I'd encourage others to do the same.

GL to everyone who is in this. Despite our lack of participants, I am expecting a TP person to take the Main Event down!

Invigilator 05-22-07 05:52 PM

YES SIR! CONSIDER IT DONE!

pssst. Kurn, could you take care of that for me????

de-coder 05-25-07 10:30 AM

has anybody registered for any of the actual tourneys yet? I can't find them in the tourney window.

Kurn 05-25-07 01:05 PM

For the honor of the TP community (and, of course, glory to the Klingon Empire) I will strive to be victoious.

Invigilator 05-25-07 01:49 PM

I have not looked yet, but I would expect them to emerge as each date gets closer. See you in the freeroll!