The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Poker Stars Mods... (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15772)

Talking Poker 08-26-09 03:52 PM

Poker Stars Mods...

I'm thinking about moving some of my play over to Stars, and I obv need a better table and cards than the Stars default (I use the Hyper Simple theme).

I want a black table/background, a bright 4 color deck that is easy to read (like what RR did ), and I MUST have bright card backs. Bright yellow or green, whatever. Black is horrible.

Anyone have anything to point me to? I did a quick search on Stars and found some Bar Nuthin Mods you have to pay for (which is fine if his prices are reasonable), but his site is down right now. No idea if those posts are really out of date or what.

Actually, pretty sure he's posted here before. I'll PM him.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Talking Poker 08-26-09 07:25 PM

FYI... Bar Nuthin's web site came back up, and I think this deck should do for me quite nicely with the Hyper-Simple theme:

:thumbsup:

Bar Nuthin 08-26-09 11:00 PM

Mr Q makes the sickest decks on the planet :thumbsup:

Bar Nuthin 08-26-09 11:07 PM

The site is busier than ever. Just gets an occasional bug up its ass regarding connecting (may need to up my bandwidth)

If you need any assistance give me a shout

Penguinfan 09-14-09 09:35 PM

Why move your regular play to Stars? I can understand playing there for the WCOOP and such, but I am sure you get rakeback at Full Tilt, doesn't that make it worth staying there?

Talking Poker 09-14-09 10:20 PM

I said I was thinking about moving "some of" my play to Stars. Basically, Full Tilt rewards consistency and longevity, where Stars rewards volume. So, if I get my 200 points per day 25 days a month, I'll continue to get Iron Man status (worth 1000 medals per month for me now) and of course my rakeback, but above and beyond that, why not get some play in at Stars too for their VPP/rewards program?

In theory, I should be able to maintain Iron Man at Full Tilt and still get at least Gold and probably Platinum status at Stars pretty easily. Had I been focused on this all year, I think I'd have made Supernova without too much trouble, which certainly has it's benefits. I was actually considering still going for it this year, but with me planning on taking the month of November off from poker, I think it would be too difficult for me.

melioris 09-14-09 10:48 PM

stars also has over twice the volume, particularly for non-NLHE 6-max games, of FTP. So with the most limited of table selection that translates to a HUGE reason to play stars.

Talking Poker 09-15-09 11:50 AM

Yeah, I don't have a big enough sample size yet, but from what I have seen, there are definitely more limit tables to choose from on Stars and the games are softer. There are plenty of regs, but it seems like there are more fish playing too.