The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   TP Suggestions/Problems (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Suggestions? (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5)

Talking Poker 10-13-04 07:43 PM

Suggestions?

Anyone have any suggestions for the look/feel/content of these forums? What you are looking at right now was just my first stab at this. I am more than willing to listen to and implement popular suggestions.

Thanks!

foxply 10-13-04 09:09 PM

is there any way of refreshing the main page so that you can see which topics have been read/posted on.... or is it just a case of hitting refresh/F5 on the browser?

great page btw

Fox

Talking Poker 10-13-04 09:23 PM

Penguinfan 10-14-04 05:26 PM

Maybe seperate strategy forums for tournaments VS cash game.

Talking Poker 10-15-04 12:33 AM

Good idea... Consider it done.

Talking Poker 10-15-04 12:38 AM

Actually, I just thought about this some more, and I'm reconsidering. I want to have as few sections as possible, while still weeding out the stuff people want weeded out... so for now, I think I'll leave this as is, where people can post their tournament strategy discussions in either "General Poker Discussion" or "How Should I Have Played This?" depending...

If it seems like most people want another section though, I'll add it.

Aequitas58 10-15-04 01:15 AM

I have a suggestion.

There seems to be a REALLY big division in holdem between no limit and limit. When this forum gets more traffic, you might have to consider that.

Talking Poker 10-15-04 01:19 AM

That, and between tournament play and side games. But for now, let's keep it together. If people title their posts well, it won't be a problem. I'm already getting annoyed bouncing between the few sections I set up...

Aequitas58 10-15-04 01:29 AM

True, but there is a fine line b/n too many divisions and too FEW devisions.

Because of the low # of people, I suspect this will suffice for now. In the future, unless you have good moderators to help out, things might get out of hand. :)

Charlie Frank 10-19-04 02:57 PM

If you need a moderator, I would like to volunteer.

Why should you choose me for a moderator? Good question, I'll answer it.

1. I am ridiculously objective. I have to force myself to take sides sometimes otherwise my objectivity just gets way too annoying.

2. I have way too much time on my hands - at least for now.

3. I am a fantastic poker player. I regularly beat the micro-limit games online for over 3BB/hour ;) Once I made $240 in a night playing $10 buyin NL - true story. I'll tell it to you one day.

4. I am extremely bright - I am also extremely good-looking, but I don't see how that applies to this position. What am I applying for here, a modelling job? Please - keep your questions relevant.

5. This is the best reason - I will work for free.

Why shouldn't you hire me for a moderator? (See, there's that objectivity!)

1. I am almost computer illiterate.

2. I have never been a moderator before. Ever.

3. As soon as law school starts in Feb next year, you will probably not hear from me for 4 years.

Let me know. Have your people call my people. We'll do lunch!

CF

Aequitas58 10-20-04 02:03 AM

It's neat to be in control... it's funny you applied. Hear anything back from him? I doubt it, only because there's not MUCH to moderate. Yet.

bigjohnstud2o 10-20-04 06:11 AM

i have a suggestion

it would be an off topic section but a place to test your signatures and pics and stuff like that to see how everyone would view them. I know that the reason i dont have one on here. I dont want to just keep posting and it look like im an idiot. And those should not count towards 10c. Just a suggestion.

Charlie Frank 10-20-04 10:14 AM

No - clearly the fees for my services are prohibitive.

Or perhaps he is too busy offering under-the-table deals to prospective PartyPoker members* - shame on the man! I call for the end to the anti-competition methods! ;)

CF

* See SPAM Forum - Bidding for PartyPoker customers thread.

Jackass_man 10-20-04 01:21 PM

Is this option going to be available soon I need an online identity

Talking Poker 10-20-04 02:54 PM

Great post :) Sorry I didn't reply sooner - I didn't see it until now. You should have started a new thread in this forum...

For the time being, I'm going to be the only moderator around here, but if this site continues to grow as much as it has been, I may need a helper or two. consider your application received - and appreciated.

If I do decide I need your help, we'll chat sometime to make sure we're both clear on your duties, what you can and can not (and should and should not) do, etc.

Talking Poker 10-20-04 02:55 PM

As you update your profile, I believe your old posts are updated as well. In fact, I know they are, because I didn't have my avatar turned on for the first few posts I made, but I can see it now.

No need to make test posts, but if you must for whatever reason, just click on Edit afterwards and then delete it.

Problem solved.

Talking Poker 10-20-04 02:56 PM

Avatars are turned on. Are you not able to upload your or get it to show up?

I'll look into it.

Aequitas58 10-21-04 12:40 AM

I like it so far.

So far so good. You might have problems when more people come... but for now it's good.

Charlie Frank 10-21-04 12:00 PM

[/quote]Great post :) Sorry I didn't reply sooner - I didn't see it until now. You should have started a new thread in this forum...

For the time being, I'm going to be the only moderator around here, but if this site continues to grow as much as it has been, I may need a helper or two. consider your application received - and appreciated.

If I do decide I need your help, we'll chat sometime to make sure we're both clear on your duties, what you can and can not (and should and should not) do, etc.[/quote]

Cool - you are doing a very good job of running this thing by yourself. I like your style.

I'm going to go find myself an avatar.

CF

BlibbityBlabbity 10-23-04 03:55 PM

How about a poker site review section organized by site? There are always discussions of I tried this site, what is thebest site, etc. Would be nice to have a place where you can browse through reviews of different sites.

Talking Poker 10-23-04 04:08 PM

You mean something like this:

BlibbityBlabbity 10-23-04 04:25 PM

Yep, Like that :)

Guess I should look around before posting any more suggestions.

eddo31 10-26-04 01:26 AM

as the site grows, in addition to splitting off nlhe from limit, and tourneys from side games, will there also be divisions between hold em, stud and omaha? hopefully the amount of discussion of and interest in other games grows as new members join.