The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Well, it is football season again (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15788)

Penguinfan 08-29-09 10:57 AM

Well, it is football season again

Over at PTP TP (thats a lot of P's and T's) brought up the old life tilt of mine from a couple years ago and it got me thinking about betting football again this year.

I honestly can't remember the last bet I placed.

Those that have been here for a while probably remember my explosion.

For those who weren't, or don't remember, here's the Cliff notes:

I was a decent handicapper for a number of years, started posting plays here and a few people made some decent money, I wen't on a bad streak betting, playing poker and in life and I decided to bet my entire roll on one game. Of course that game lost (by half a point) and I was on suicide watch for a while.

I'm hoping I am at least a bit more mature now, though that is up for debate. If anyone is interested in discussing games, either college or pro let me know. I would still enjoy the challenge of beating the lines.

I don't think I will place a bet this year, but it would be fun talking about it.

Any interest?

Reel Deal 08-29-09 12:15 PM

It was a Missouri game IIRC, right?

thrash1294 08-29-09 12:19 PM

I bet pro football $10 a game mostly on bodog.I think Week 1 has alot of easy games
Let me know what you think.:thumbsup:

Usally I like to build my roll a little at a time then I take the profits if any and bet crazy superbowl props:donkey

Penguinfan 08-29-09 01:35 PM

Yes, and thanks to TP for opening up that old wound.

jillaj 08-29-09 03:13 PM

Yeah I remember it too. You were on such a streak that anyone that faded your picks was making some nice coin. That money was a lot less fun to make.

Zybomb 08-29-09 03:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Football season....

JDMcNugent7 08-29-09 05:06 PM

i remember it was Mizzou game I was at and it was like a last minute TD or field goal that didn't really matter, and i was thinking wow that dude is gonna be super pissed lol

Let's do a $20 fantasy football league?

Talking Poker 08-30-09 01:47 AM

I had my annual fantasy football auction today... it's one of my favorite days of the year. I've been in this league for 12 years now, I think. It's the best league I've ever been in: 12 teams, auction style, carryovers, contracts, a great scoring system that has been tweaked over the years, the works.

Back on topic: Betting on sports always makes them way more fun, so I'd love to see a season long Penguinfan thread with your "Lock of the Week." Let's see how you do over the season. I think that would be great.

Gordogg 08-30-09 12:16 PM

Yes. Anyone else?

jillaj 08-30-09 01:41 PM

Im in

Talking Poker 08-30-09 02:38 PM

I'd be in, especially if it's a simple league, like that salary cap one we did a couple of years ago.

JDMcNugent7 08-30-09 03:10 PM

Let's get it going then, more people will join for sure. someone set it up by today and I'll ship u $5

Gordogg 09-01-09 11:10 PM

I created a league but I can't figure out how to create a salary cap league. Maybe it's not available this year?

I'm down with head to head, if that's ok with everyone else. League ID is 842108/password=kcchiefs.

I did default on most things but passing yards i changed from 25 to 50yds per point. Rushing and receiving yards I changed from 10 to 15yds per point. Let me know if anything needs tweaked as I've only played for three years and not up to par on nuances.

Edit: I set live online draft for Saturday, 9-7-09 at 7pm. This can easily be changed for anyone in need.

JDMcNugent7 09-01-09 11:56 PM

sounds good, i wont make the live draft if its sat. but i can pre-rank players i guess

jillaj 09-02-09 08:31 AM

Thats the link for the salary cap type league we had last year. I already have a team in another group there but created another one if anyone wants to get in it. I am down to throw some cash on it as well no matter how many people join.

Group id is 5613 and pw is tpftpf.

Gordogg 09-02-09 01:30 PM

Ok Jilla, sounds good. I'll delete the league I created. We don't have to worry about draft with salary cap. I'm good for $20 no matter how many entrants as well. Sound good JD? Who else wants to play for second place with us? :cheers::D

jillaj 09-10-09 11:19 AM

I see we have 5 people in there. What is everyones teams name? Who should we ship the money to? If TP doesn't want to hold it I guess I can. Though it isn't as much fun when I win to ship myself money.

BlibbityBlabbity 09-10-09 12:01 PM

I'm RushNAttack again.

Should probably repost this in its own thread to see if there are a few who didn't see it in here?

Talking Poker 09-10-09 02:29 PM

I agree that this should be it's own thread to get more interest.

I'm gonna pass on playing this year. I have a lot going on and want to focus on my main fantasy league without distractions. :)

GL though guys, and have fun!