The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   $1,000 Pokerstars bonus (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8743)

JDMcNugent7 10-20-06 09:39 PM

$1,000 Pokerstars bonus

Make your next deposit before Tuesday, October 31st at midnight Eastern Time for a 100% bonus worth up to $1,000*. Simply enter the bonus code "OCT2006HL100" when making your deposit.

click here -

MAYHEM45 10-20-06 09:47 PM

Is this even real? This was on 2p2 and everyone thinks its a hoax because you cant even put in a bonus code anywhere.

JDMcNugent7 10-20-06 09:49 PM

hmm i dn anymore.

a friend sent me a link, I of course just assumed it was real. After reading 2+2 it looks like it might just be account specific, or might just be a total hoax for some dumb reason.

So basically don't do anything with it yet.

Boobie Lover 10-20-06 10:34 PM

Nada for me.

Talking Poker 10-21-06 12:42 AM

Nothing on their site and this sounds different than every single bonus they have ever offered. Seems like a hoax to me.

omahilo 10-21-06 01:56 AM

Im thinking hoax...

stars has never had a place to put a bonus code in at.

it was worth a try tho

BlibbityBlabbity 10-21-06 02:23 AM

If you take off the "rewardbonus/" at the end it takes you here....

...which is the same as if you go through their site. The page seems to be on their server. Not sure how you would fake that.... There do not appear to be any misdirections in the page code or anything that I can see, and the formatting of it (in the code) is the same but not something someone could just cut and paste.

Also, all the links point to the real pokerstars site, so what would be the point of faking this (and hacking into pokerstr's server to post it...)?

I DO NOT see any bonus code box anywhere on the PokerStars cashier screens though, so who knows.

Talking Poker 10-21-06 02:36 AM

That's funny - I didn't even see the link in the first post. Definitely on their site, but probably not live yet. Maybe the next version of their software will have a spot to enter a bonus code on their deposit page.

Robbr25 10-21-06 03:18 AM

The Answer

I asked, here is the reply:

Hello Robert,

Thank you for your email.

We are currently experimenting with a variety of promotions and
bonuses to determine their effectiveness. To do so, we did select a
particular group of players to try out this particular bonus. All
players who were eligible for this bonus received an email advising
them of this fact. As you were not on that list, unfortunately you are
not eligible for this bonus.

I am sorry, but we cannot offer you this bonus. Any future bonuses for
which you are eligible will be sent to you via email.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Marlene
PokerStars Support Team

Guess I don't qualify.