The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   NFL Week 6 (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16497)

Kurn 10-17-10 09:42 AM

NFL Week 6

Back on the horse this week.

Indy -3 @ Wash

This may shape up to be a shootout. Neither pass defense is great. I'll take Manning over McNabb in a shootout. Indy's ranked 6th in 3rd down conversions, and the 'Skins' pass D is 11th in the same stat. Somehow I don't see that blitz-happy scheme being successful vs. Manning.

Seattle +6 @ Bears

Yeah, I know. I'm making bookies rich betting against the Bears, but I'm sticking with my concept of betting against the worst O-line in the NFL. Of course, one definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. :p

SUICIDE PICK - Pittsburgh

Rivalry or not, Big Ben's 1st game back at home. I think almost everybody in my pool is picking this game.

As side note, CHFF's top pick of the week is the Pats over the Ravens. They're adamant in their opinion that getting rid of Moss makes the Pats' offense better. They wrote late last year that NE would not get back to the Super Bowl unless they dumped Moss and use as their evidence that Brady's QB rating is only 70 when targeting Moss. I'd like this to be true. Only time will tell.

Kurn 10-18-10 11:58 AM

One win and one push.

So far 3-4-1 -1.4 units

Still alive in the suicide pool. Everybody picked Pitt or NYG except one poor soul who was eliminated after taking the Bears. 32 left.

As for the Pats - Randy who?? :D

Spidey44 10-19-10 09:32 PM

Down to 27 or less in my suicide pool. Not sure if anyone took SD or Chicago this week. 900 and change to the winner. Winner takes all...

Talking Poker 10-21-10 03:17 PM

We are down to 31 in mine... $3140 winner take all.

We should make a dedicated suicide pool thread and another one for Kurn's weekly picks), instead of new NFL threads every week.

Reel Deal 10-22-10 02:52 PM

KC would be a good suicide pick this week.... the Jaguars will be starting a journeyman QB who is well below average at best.

Spidey44 10-22-10 04:07 PM

I'm lucky in that we can pick the same team over and over... The league still rarely makes it to the playoffs.

Akverno 10-22-10 05:05 PM

I'd have to say that I'd go with the Ravens over the Bills.

Talking Poker 10-23-10 10:30 AM

That's who I took.

Zybomb 10-23-10 04:28 PM

I really like Buffalo. They are coming off a bye (there's some crazy stat with dogs coming off a bye but ignoring that) and should be well rested and are getting 2 TDs against a Baltimore team that doesnt score a lot of points.

I also love SD. They are a different team at home. NE is traveling all the way to the West Coast after a slugfest against Baltimore and I think Vegas i sbegging everyone to take NE here since SD hasnt looked good

Reel Deal 10-25-10 05:01 PM

You guys were pissing yourselves for a while there weren't ya? :eek: