The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   TPF League V ??? (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14502)

BlibbityBlabbity 08-29-08 05:22 PM

TPF League V ???

Been a while since the ....

Last time there were 12 events (6 NLHE) all on Monday (9:30PM) except two on Sundays.

Then we had top 9 in a TOC and The rest in a TOF (tournament of failure).

Any interest, is this a good time of year, etc, etc???

If we can get this started in the next 3-4 weeks, we can finish before the holidays start to mess everything up.

cds0699 08-29-08 05:37 PM

I'd prolly be interested

MAYHEM45 08-29-08 05:41 PM

Ill donate.

Zybomb 08-29-08 06:56 PM

Ill prob be down this time

Invigilator 08-29-08 07:44 PM

I don't have the roll this time to put down as much in extra prizes, but I am definitely down for a league.

I think I can speak for OW and Topaz too.

Nikita 08-29-08 07:54 PM

I'm in!

BlibbityBlabbity 08-29-08 08:02 PM

8 people in only 2 1/2 hours!:eek:

I will look at dates later and try to put together a schedule based on the last one starting in 3 weeks or so.

de-coder 08-29-08 08:42 PM

make that 9.

Robbie Robb 08-29-08 09:53 PM

If you hold any Saturday or Sunday games I'll definitely play in those but I'm working till 11 through the week so I'm out for weeknight games. But I'll be cheering you guys (and gals) on mentally! :)

Kurn 08-29-08 10:49 PM

I'm game. Can we have one HU tourney in the mix?

Invigilator 08-29-08 11:28 PM

mos def

Talking Poker 08-30-08 12:54 AM

I'm definitely in and I agree it's time.

My only request - is that we make this an entirely hold'em league. If we want to mix in limit, NL, PL, 6 max, HU, whatever - that's all great, but let's make it all hold'em this time. LAst time, there were more than a few people who told me they didn't play because there were too many games they knew nothing about, so I promised the next league would be all hold'em. Hopefully that will help us get a better turnout.

I think 10ish weeks sounds good, with your best 5ish scores counting, playing every Monday (?) night at 9:35 PM. The day of the week is flexible, but experience says that's the best time and Su-Th is the best night.

How about an optional (if you want a shot at the bonuses and TOC and all that) $20 entry fee and we stick to $5 tourneys?

I'll kick in $100 for the Tourney of Champions freeroll (Top 9 overall finishers). Stars hates me and won't let me set up freerolls there any more though, so we'll either need to find someone else to set it up or we'll have to play it on FT.

PShabi 08-30-08 02:44 AM

I could play any night but Tuesday and Thursday. 9:35 PM. If it gets organized quickly and scheduled to end before Thanksgiving, I'm in for sure.

Kurn 08-30-08 08:26 AM

How about a compromise on HE only. Maybe two mixed games. 'Tilt has PLHE/PLO and all sites have HORSE. The former keeps it more focused on HE and the latter has all the stud games. If the league is 10 tourneys, that will mean 8.7 are HU events. Of the 8 HE only, we can have 1 limit, 1 PL, 1 HU NL, 1 6m NL and 4 standard 9-seat NL.

IMO, this should avoid driving away those who are uncomfortable with non-HE games yet still retain the variety that makes poker fascinating.

This way the league will be 80% big bet and 87% HE.

Sound reasonable?

stormswa 08-30-08 09:04 AM

I'm in I don't care what we play TBH. I don't check forum everyday so when we are ready to go could someone get in touch with me?

lightfungus 08-30-08 11:47 AM

In. It's football season and that means I am on my ass on Sundays. I love this time of year.

Football+Poker+food+beer=happy fungus

BlibbityBlabbity 08-30-08 11:51 AM

Mondays before Thanksgiving:

September 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
October 6, 13, 20, 27

November 3, 10, 17, 24

November 27th is thanksgiving so 24th might be close for some?

That is 12 Mondays IF we started THIS Monday, which will be too soon to get this set up I'm sure (especially with the holiday).

So, we could:

A) start one week from Monday on the 8th. That would give us 10 weeks and the followin week for the TOC/TOF.

or

B) start in 2/3 (15th/22nd) weeks and then double up with a game (or two) on Wednesdays/Sundays of one or two of the weeks.

or

C) do B, except shift standard game night to Wednesday and then have the extra games on Sundays (to provide a little space between game nights).

I would say they go in A, C, B order for me. Other's thoughts?

Invigilator 08-30-08 12:33 PM

I like ABC. Mon, Wed, and Sun are all good for me.

Tuesday and Tursday would wreck it for me.

I like the other games too, but I am down for an all hold'em league that might be able to use as a magnet for new membership.

If we got the all HE route, I would be very happy to put together an event/league after Christmas that would take us through all the games, and crown an all around champ.

cds0699 08-30-08 01:50 PM

My schedule is wide open, I can do pretty much whatever is good for everyone.

BlibbityBlabbity 08-30-08 02:09 PM

So, if we did option A (starting on the 8th or 10th) eleven weeks, either all Mondays or all Wednesdays. Does anyone have a problem starting that soon, and which day is preferred?

I will leave the makeup of the games to a "higher power"...

I would rather see mixed games to some extent as well, but if this was promised as a NLHE season I am fine with that too. I like Invig's suggestion then to start another one right after the holidays with mixed events.

stormswa 08-30-08 03:08 PM

im out of work till ?????????

so can play anytime.

MAYHEM45 08-30-08 03:50 PM

All mondays please. Also I will be capping every street till busto in LHE.

New Guy 08-30-08 04:07 PM

hero of the losers is in . I like all hold-em . I'd love one hu tourny though. Count me in

de-coder 08-30-08 04:08 PM

Ditto baby! :cheers:

de-coder 08-30-08 04:13 PM

All HE is fine with me - I like option A best. Mondays are fine, if you want to toss in the odd second night I'm good with that too - I can usually work around any night of the week if I can see it coming.

BTW - we should start a pool on who will bust out Mayhem in LHE...