The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   BR building (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14225)

Invigilator 07-09-08 11:16 PM

BR building

Most of my play is on FTP these days and my BR on that site is nice and healthy for a 25 max game.

My PS account on the other hand has dwindled as a result of stakes, transfers and such (stupid stars and "no rakeback" :rolleyes:) So tonight I sat down with my last buck and played a 50 cent tournament. I did well enough to have over $2.50 now.

Even though I still have a good BR elsewhere online, I take a lot of pride in the fact that I have never reloaded from the original 50 I put on Stars. I definitely don't want to go broke on that site, since it is where I started. This chould be a nice challenge.

Any of our micro stakes players have advice on good value in this range?

I figure cash games are out of the question at this stage. The 10 cent turbo's are a bit nutty, so I figuring some really focussed effort on 50 cent and 25 cent open tournaments is my best bet.

Good Lord, I might even chase a few freerolls. :eek:

Oh well, it's happy hour at FTP, I am off.

suited35 07-10-08 08:34 AM

You should play the .01/.02 cash games, under3 bucs hard to work with, but playing MTT with only 4-8 buy ins risky.
Freerolls on stars tough to cash, unless you get into some private forum freerolls.

melioris 07-10-08 02:18 PM

you should continue to play exclusively at FT for another month or two and then transfer a lump some from FT onto Stars. I am sure that someone here would hook you up.

Fildy 07-10-08 03:14 PM

this would be the logical and sane approach.....but this is invig we are talking about here.

Invigilator 07-10-08 03:51 PM

:talktothehand FYP. Never think that there isn't logic there. I won't challenge the sanity thing; hell, I work with teenagers. ;)

Invigilator 07-10-08 03:53 PM

No doubt. This is an experiment in micro grinding. It's just a question of how to best go about it.

thrash1294 07-10-08 04:17 PM

shoe clerk style at micros cash tables ,play TAG get up a half a buy in and run away and rinse and repeat. So buy in with minimum get 50% then table change over and over .That is how I started At the original online poker room Planet Poker:cheers:

Nikita 07-10-08 05:49 PM

Even though your roll is incredibly small, you could take a chance and short stack the penny tables. I've done it, buying in for a $1 and trying to build it up in as few hands as possible and then leaving and doing the same at another table. This was at the 6-max tables. Penny tables are the donkiest, I typically found tables that averaged a VPIP of 50.

Nikita 07-10-08 05:54 PM

Oh and I don't know if you noticed, but there is a 10 cent 360 SNG on stars now too. If you prefer tournament style, that might be a good bet.

Invigilator 07-10-08 07:13 PM

This one seems a little to psycho-loose-aggro for me.

I might have to try short stacking the penny game.

jdiana86 07-11-08 08:31 PM

FWIW

Although your bankroll is only $2.50 I would reccomend playing the 50 cent, dollar, or two dollar multis once your bankroll can handle it(playing micro cash games). I would also only play the ones that offer 20% payouts. It is really easy to make the money in these and I have built a roll from next to nothing a few times by doing this.