The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   what action do you have today? (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13233)

melioris 02-03-08 10:08 AM

what action do you have today?

Two weeks ago my 15 year old next door neighbor was diagnosed with a brain tumor. It has been a real shitty two weeks. I don't really want to get into the details of all that here, except to say that today is going to be a great sports day. His Dad, brother, and I are going freaking nuts in the hospital room at Children's hospital. Here are our bets. A funny aside is that they are a good catholic family and if the kid lives I think I have completely corrupted him and turned him into a degenerate sports gambler. I kind of wish PenguinFan was still around to tell me if these bets are any good.

First, $50 to win $40.91 that the Patriots totals pts is 1.5 more than the number of points and rebounds by Tyler Hansborough from UNC in todays UNC vs Florida State basketball game.

$5 to win $3.18 that the Giants convert a 4th down.

$5 to win $4.10 that Brady gross passing yards is over 295.5

$5 to win $4.10 that Brady will have a first quarter TD pass.

$5 to win $10 that Moss will have 2 or more TDs (I believe this is total-rushing and passing).

$5 to win $4.10 that the first TD will be scored by a player with a jersey number bigger than 43.5

$5 to win $3 that the Patriots first quarter points will be 1.5 more than the total goals of the NYRangers vs Montreal Canadians hockey game today (this game is on NBC I believe-updates please if you are watching).

$10 to win $9.10 that the first punt of the game will be over 42.5 yards gross. It a dome stadium in the desert. Both punters are coming off a freezing playoff games and they are going to be pumped up. BOOMING PUNTS. The only way we lose this one is if a drive stalls out at midfield and they try to pin them at the goal-line.

We got two parlays.

$5 to win $15.02 that Manning will complete his first pass and both teams will have FGs over 33 yards.

$5 to win $7.75 that Brady will complete his first pass and Maroney's first carry will go for over 3.5 yards.

buakawgirl 02-03-08 10:28 AM

sounds like fun, have a great time!

Kurn 02-03-08 11:04 AM

No action except the square(s) here.

I've long had a rule that I neither bet on nor against the Patriots, allowing me to watch their games solely as a fan.

And since money saved = money won, that rule made Super Bowl XXXVI profitable for me. :eek:

Its forgotten history that after Brady got hurt early in the AFC championship there was a mini controversy about who should start vs the Rams. At the time, i would've been happy if Bledsoe were given the start. Now, with the advantage of hindsight, I can calmly say "that's why they don't pay me to make those decisions."

Of course, I also thought Kraft was crazy to trade a 1st round draft pick for a coach. :donkey

I know anything can happen in the NFL, and I also know the Giants rush the passer very well.

That all being said, at about 10:30 EST tonight, the pressure will be squarely on the shoulders of Doc Rivers to bring the NBA title to Boston and make it 3 championships in a year. :cheers:

Talking Poker 02-03-08 11:10 AM

Pretty much every year, I made 25-100 of these crazy bets, but for whatever reason, I just can't get myself into it this year.

Have fun and good luck though! Very sorry to hear about the neighbor kid. That's terrible...

thrash1294 02-03-08 03:09 PM

I got the giants +13.5
brady as mvp
and 5 squares

Invigilator 02-03-08 03:48 PM

no football action.

Just going to eat drink and make prop bets on Wii Tennis and Guitar Hero 3.

New Guy 02-03-08 04:14 PM

Squares only! What happend to the neighbor kid?

My do a giant ML

jdiana86 02-03-08 04:46 PM

New Guy I don't agree with a Giants ML play. Every minute the SuperBowl gets closer, that looks like a better and better bet to the people looking for a big score. Just remember, the Patriots are 12 pt favs. I admit at one point I thought, yea i'll put money on the giants moneyline and score big, but it is just a suckers bet. I'm on New England -11.5(bodog).

Fildy 02-03-08 04:53 PM

lol last i checked the Rangers/Montreal game was 4-3

Fildy 02-03-08 08:44 PM

You suck at betting, stick to molesting children imo

jdiana86 02-03-08 10:09 PM

Like I give a shit what a classless unethical degenerate has to say

Fildy 02-03-08 10:11 PM

what the fuck are you talking about?

Talking Poker 02-03-08 10:49 PM

Ooops.

And WTF is this about?

Yikes... someone lose their roll on the game tonight or something?

melioris 02-03-08 10:53 PM

I believe I am the accused child molester around here, although your defensive posturing is interesting. But, anyway, calling me a molester is a stretch, as Fildy is a long way from a child, although he ass was....I can't even make that joke.

But yea, we lost every fucking bet. continues a fantastic fucking run.

Fildy 02-03-08 11:21 PM

lol and ummm....
u won this
$5 to win $3.18 that the Giants convert a 4th down.

jdiana86 02-04-08 03:37 PM

oops, fuck the world