The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Full Tilt + PPA... (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10080)

Talking Poker 02-20-07 01:11 PM

Full Tilt + PPA...

1 Attachment(s)
Got an interesting email from Full Tilt today. Here's the gist of it (sorry for the formatting):

I'm not sure exactly what the "Points Required" thing means though (do you have to have them in your account, or do you have to spend them?), but here are the options...

Talking Poker 02-20-07 01:12 PM

This may or may not have any effect on things in the long run, but it's nice to see one of the big poker rooms FINALLY stepping up and doing SOMETHING. This little fundraiser certainly can't hurt.

eejit101 02-20-07 01:48 PM

Thats all well and good.

And the PPA are going to spend EVEN MORE FREE MONEY on...... what now? they have shit-loads doing nothing.

Talking Poker 02-20-07 02:21 PM

Can you support that statement? Do you have any numbers to share with us? More importantly, please give me the name of an organization who is doing more for poker right now than the PPA. Seriously, because I'd like to join.

MAYHEM45 02-20-07 02:21 PM

I dont understand why there isnt an overlay on the bonus for the largest donation.

MAYHEM45 02-20-07 02:22 PM

What exactly IS the PPA doing?

Talking Poker 02-20-07 02:54 PM

eejit101 02-20-07 05:21 PM

I just looked at their tax return. Interesting reading.

The main problem i have with the PPA is your paying them for no reason. Reading their tag line means nothing, i have it here.

All they guarantee for your donation, if that theyw ill provide you with a list of people to shout at, and keep you updated on news that is all over the web/media anyway.

and for your point - since the UIGEA the PPA spent nearly $1mil according to them, anything decent happened?

Talking Poker 02-20-07 06:45 PM

I'm sure this will sound familiar to you, but it applies here too:

Stop being results oriented.
Learn to think long term.

We're not going to see results overnight. And this much is for sure - if we all sit around and act like a bunch of lazy eejits who do nothing, we're not going to see results EVER.

eejit101 02-20-07 08:55 PM

Familiar to me yes, but im usually not the one who is being it. And while im all for long term whatever, i have a couple of points.

1. $1mil with fuck all actually achieved aint great for the short run.

2. WHy the hell do we want long run options? This whole thing will be over in 4 years anyway. Either people just let the government tax it, as lets face it, is probably going to happen anyway. I dont see what long term options the PPA are going to deliver you, thats isnt a regulated by the USgvmt sticker.

and FYI - i dont do "nothing". A guy called J.Todd was giving one of the seminars at CAP while i was there, really interesting points, and i joined the APCW and if anyone asks me to do soemthing to help, i will, as long as it serves a purpose