The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   Poker on TV (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Celebrities Playing Poker On The TV (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4141)

coolieo69er 11-29-05 10:26 PM

Celebrities Playing Poker On The TV

We have all seen it. Those alfuwl shows featuring washed up celebrities that probably never played crazy eights before little lone poker. They go all in on 7 3 offsuit and sometimes they get big suckouts. Is this supposed to enertain me because when I ever I watch these show it makes me hate poker. I'm not saying all celebrities are bad at poker but the ones featuerd on celberity poker challeng are. I also can't understand why people actually tune into it. If I wanted see a big boobed actress balance chips between here clevage I would rent an adult film innolving poker. Thats just the way I feel about the stupid celebrity poker shows.

X-Longshot-X 11-29-05 10:56 PM

I agree that celebs need to stay away from poker. There was an article in All in about that little person from the amazing race how she laid down the nut str8 on the turn when someone bet into her,it is a sad display of poker and i personally do not enjoy watching them destroy a great game

Danjiro 12-21-05 04:47 PM

I think they've done a good job improving the show over time but I have to agree that some of the play is absolutely brutal. You have to give credit to Phil Gordon for recognizing bad play and calling the celebs on it. Other than that it's the everyday guy's entertainment to watching poker on television...

good thing or bad thing? Entertainment is a bit of both.

Cheers,
BonusJunky/Danjiro

nflchad 12-21-05 05:03 PM

Celebrity poker is annoying to poker players, yet you should love that it exists since it increases the number of people that play the game, and poorly at that.

Talking Poker 12-21-05 09:30 PM

Bingo.

Robbie Robb 12-21-05 09:53 PM

Okay, I agree that some of the play on CPS is weak. But then you have other celebrities that do PLAY the game. There have been a few on CPS such as James Woods (he's the first person to come to mind). Then there are other celebs that play in the tourneys - Affleck, Tilly, Tom Everett Scott, and others - and do fairly well.

I think it's more of a case where "celebs that play poker becaue poker is cool" are bad whereas "poker players who happen to be celebs as well, even if it's their celeb status that gives them the ability to play" are alright.

I mean, I'd be just as afraid of going up against Tilly or Affleck then Ivey or Hellmuth...

Govman6767 12-30-05 08:46 AM

Idiots...... your not seeing this for what it is..... Someday the semi great in his own mind Govman6767 will be sitting heads up with the Beast from the East... err wherever he's from. Phil Gordon and when i sit down heads up with him I'm gonna know every move he's gonna make when he raises all in with his AA i'm gonna call with my K4 and when I suck out ..... I'm gonna get up and be like.. uhhh in your face... can't believe you said aces should beat K4 78.765 % of the time to that guy who's second cousin was a backstreet boy fan. HA HA I'M A CHAMPION NOW

drphil22 01-25-06 07:03 PM

not poker tells everywhere beginners game at times terrible players a few good ones cya :cool:

PShabi 01-25-06 07:23 PM

I didn't understand a fucking word you said until I got tot he "cool" smilie. Then it all made sense!

X-Longshot-X 01-26-06 10:13 AM

lol he must be one of those indian guys from party

Govman6767 01-26-06 03:30 PM

We Doooooooo Nooooot Drrrrrrinnnnk Miiillk Ahhhhhh
Wweeeee Areeee Starrrvinng Populllaation
We Need Jobs To Buy Fooooooood Eveennn Toughhhhh
Weee Have The Highest Population Of Cattle In The World Ungahdoha

FatRufus 01-26-06 03:31 PM

you are truly an idiot

Aequitas58 01-26-06 09:03 PM

Ok, now that's just dumb.