The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   TP Suggestions/Problems (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   NEW SECTION? : Strategy (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8094)

hc422709 09-01-06 08:03 PM

NEW SECTION? : Strategy

Maybe we should make a strategy section in the forum, because mostly the strategy is scattered in General Poker Discussion and "How should I play this hand?" and there is literally 20000 threads in these sections, it just might be easier for people

Also, if we do make a new section, I will volunteer to move the strategies from other parts into that section.

maybe I should also post this on the "suggestions" section

Talking Poker 09-01-06 08:15 PM

There are less than 8000 threads in total on the site. The two sections you are talking about how about 3000 and 1400 threads in each of them.

Also, what would define a strategy thread vs. a typical "How Should I have Played This" thread? Assuming all of those would go in the new section, are you basically suggesting renaming that section (or else emptying it) and adding in a bunch of threads from the General Poker Discussion section? Seems like it would make more of a mess to me than anything.

I think the set up we have right now is pretty darn good. This site isn't busy enough that anyone who logs in even just once a day can't stay on top of everything.

Aequitas58 09-02-06 12:50 AM

Speaking of strategy, what does a guy have to do to get some of you studs to start writing some articles?

I'd like to see:

TP, Chip and Mayhem give their thoughts on tournament play.
Sjay, Boobie and JD explain how they crush the cash games.

The last article I enjoyed on this site was Shabi's on Table Selection.

Talking Poker 09-02-06 12:53 AM

That was an EXCELLENT thread...

I dunno... I'm not much of an article guy. I wanted to be, back in the day, but I find just posting as different situations come up suits me better. Eh.... you're right though - some articles would be nice.

Aequitas58 09-02-06 01:08 AM

Well, not like "How do you play flopped sets in deep stack NL," but more like:

How do you approach a session...
Latest leaks that have been plugged...
How to handle losing a $xxx(xx) pot...
Deep Stack Pre and Post Flop Strategy on the Bubble of a Tournament...

etc etc.

Zybomb 09-02-06 01:09 AM

Perhaps these types of discussions can be addressed on TP Radio segments

Talking Poker 09-02-06 01:10 AM

I was just about to say that.... These sound like excellent topics.

Defendant 09-02-06 01:48 AM

See, heres the thing with poker strategy...almost every time you will get the answer "It depends". So the best way to actually discuss strategy is a highly specific situation, as realistic as possible. What better way than individual, actual hands played and documented chip for chip and card for card?

hc422709 09-02-06 02:27 AM

But the problem with very specific hands is that they don't happen alot. "How do you play flopped sets in deep stack NL?" <--- How often can u relate to that thread?

The main problem for me is I don't know what questions to ask. I just want to get better!

Also, anyone want to tell me where "The last article I enjoyed on this site was Shabi's on Table Selection." is?

Nikita 09-02-06 12:03 PM

Use this site's search feature and use the keywords "keys to table selection". It'll probably be the first one on the list.

Robbie Robb 09-02-06 01:03 PM

Since Nikki was too lazy to search and include the link (:D), here it is:

This is an absolute MUST READ and only one of the reasons that Shabi is a valued member of this forum!

As Nikki mentioned, the search function of the forum is invaluable. Pretty much any type of poker-related discussion you can think of has probably already been extensively written about and is only a search away. If you can't find any particular topic you're looking for feel free to post a message or PM myself or any of the other moderators and we'll see what we can find!

hc422709 09-02-06 10:45 PM

Woah we have a search feature?!

Talking Poker 09-03-06 12:21 PM

:confused: :confused: :confused: