The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Which do you recommend most? (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10665)

bunny 04-18-07 05:39 PM

Which do you recommend most?

I have cashed out of PartyPoker by using their BankWire Transfer (which was easy and quick), thinking PokerStars had the same option to deposit/cashout. I have Paypal, but Stars doesn't accept that one, so I am back to square one and in need of another method of cashing out/depositing.

Which do you prefer and why? Please vote and post reason for your choice. TY.

MAYHEM45 04-18-07 05:48 PM

Stars doesnt have moneybookers, but I wish they did.

bunny 04-18-07 05:49 PM

They do now!

You must really like moneybookers. Have you ever used Epassporte and why do you prefer moneybookers?

MAYHEM45 04-18-07 05:57 PM

I get my rakeback payments thru moneybookers. Doesnt epassporte have fees on every transaction?

I dont see any mention of moneybookers on stars website as well, where did you hear this?

Robbie Robb 04-18-07 06:06 PM

Yeah, epassporte has fees for every transaction it seems. I looked into opening an account there as Stars was having problems with eChecks. Since the annoying popup has gone away I'm guessing Stars got that worked out.

I went with 'Other'. Use the eChecks feature if it's available. If you don't want them having access to your main account, open a secondary account and transfer funds into that as necessary...

bunny 04-18-07 06:07 PM

Updated version

1 Attachment(s)
I was looking to deposit and when I logged into Stars (after the new update), there it was. Here it is...

Robbie Robb 04-18-07 06:09 PM

Oop. Just checked. No option for eCheck. Guess they don't have it fixed yet...sigh.

That said, I don't have the Moneybookers option on my deposit screen. I only have 7 options.

MAYHEM45 04-18-07 06:10 PM

Hmm, was the update today? cuz I'm not getting one when I open the software.

And lol at the $50 charge for non US withdrawals thru Epassporte. Fuck that.

bunny 04-18-07 06:11 PM

Log out of PokerStars, then once you log back in; there will be an updated version of Stars. My guess, they just added it.

bunny 04-18-07 06:12 PM

10 or 15 minutes ago, about the same time I created this poll...after checking Stars transfer options.

edit: Okay, seems more like 30mins...time sure passes quickly online.:rolleyes:

MAYHEM45 04-18-07 06:15 PM

Not for me. And wtf, 5% of all money added taken out as fee, who the fuck would actually use this? $35 a year as well, epassporte is a ripoff.

bunny 04-18-07 06:17 PM

Reboot your computer, then log back into PokerStars. You will definitely get the new update this way.

MAYHEM45 04-18-07 06:24 PM

Still nothing. You might wanna watch out. You could have a hacked copy. There's nothing on 2p2 about moneybookers and pokerstars.

bunny 04-18-07 06:25 PM

Are you playing with me or are you serious?:confused:

MAYHEM45 04-18-07 06:27 PM

You use this program right? This thread is pretty worrying.

I'm being completely serious here, dont open stars until one of us confirms that infact they have added moneybookers.

bunny 04-18-07 06:32 PM

Are you saying it might have something to do with the StarsBuddy?

Does anyone else not have moneybookers as a banking option to deposit on Stars??

To be safe, I (just now), uninstalled StarsBuddy.

Robbie Robb 04-18-07 06:45 PM

I don't have an update available for me either. The ONLY thing I can possible think of is that you may have an update related to where you live - Quebec. Perhaps that is the main difference. (Or do you have your location as something else entirely????)

I have StarsBuddy installed but I'm not running it at the moment. That is definitely something that raises questions as to why they need to hook into explorer.exe. It will be interesting to see what they say.

MAYHEM45 04-18-07 06:51 PM

Thats the only reason I have doubts. I've never used the software FWIW.

bunny 04-18-07 06:55 PM

I downloaded the Starsbuddy but haven't used it much. That thread on 2+2 worries me a little, though. Would probably be wise to all those who downloaded it (when I posted it), to uninstall it, till we are certain it is clean and free from bugs.

I have emailed PokerStars asking them if they sent me an update, haven't heard from them as of yet.

stormswa 04-18-07 07:05 PM

options on stars

1 Attachment(s)
from what I'm to understand with stars is that some people have some opions and some dont. They are trying new options all the time and selecting random people to try these options before they give it to the mass. So with that in mind some have some options and some dont.

I just installed stars because it wasnt on my computer since I reset to factory and here is what mine looks like.

bunny 04-18-07 07:07 PM

Phew...What a relief!

Hello Sophie,

MoneyBookers is a new deposit option that is currently being
introduced to a small subset of our players to ensure that there are no
major flaws or bugs. Unfortunately we cannot alter the groups as they
are system defined. It will eventually be rolled out to bigger groups
as our introduction continues.

Your patience is appreciated and thank-you for choosing PokerStars!

Regards,

Gabriel
PokerStars Support Team

**I am being used as a guinea (sp?) pig or am loved? :cheers:

Mon Dieu, je peux respirer maintenant! :thumbsup:

stormswa 04-18-07 07:12 PM

yippie

I was right about something YIPPIE!!!!

I have actually had the cashier go to private chat with me and try to figure out ways for me to deposit when my card was declined. I feel special or they just want my rake!!

honestly though they have been trying new methods for months now and I don't see any new options so I'm very skeptical.

Robbie Robb 04-18-07 07:16 PM

That's good to hear. At least we know it wasn't a hack or anything like that. I also have a suspicion WHY StarsBuddy is hooking into explorer.exe and I'm pretty sure it's harmless. That said, I don't plan on running it again until I'm able to confirm said suspicion.

MAYHEM45 04-18-07 07:18 PM

I hope everything works out alrite with moneybookers then. Now If only Full tilt would add them too it'd be just like the neteller days for me.

bunny 04-18-07 07:24 PM

I feel responsible, since I posted the link to the StarsBuddy on this forum, so please don't use it till we get confirmation, as to the safety of this software.