The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   I got the Eagles for $25 - Who wants it? (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1218)

Aequitas58 02-01-05 09:00 PM

I got the Eagles for $25 - Who wants it?

Alright, don't want to bet on bodog, because I don't feel like creating an account and depositing money, but I like the Eagles in the Superbowl, and I'm willing to bet up to $25. I'm looking for someone who wants to take the Pats.

SPREAD: Occording to ESPN at 5:30pm EST, the Eagles are a 7 point underdog. This means I'd be taking the Eagles with the points. If the point spread changes by the end of the week, then we will make the necessary adjustments.

TIES: Ties will scratch the bet, and neither person wins.

PAYMENT: If you win, I can pay by PokerStars $$ Transfer or PayPal Transfer. If I win, I can accept Pokerstars $$ Transfer, PayPal Transfer, or Empire Poker $$ Transfer (the min on Empire is $25, so that would work). I'd like to keep the money transfer electronic. That means no payments via snail mail.

If this is agreeable w/ you, let me know, and we can confirm the bet.

Talking Poker 02-01-05 09:14 PM

Who would be stupid enough to take THIS bet? :D

I'm putting $100 on the Birds at . I'll also be doing my annual crazy Super Bowl bets... they offer tons, from the coin toss to what kicker will make the longest kick to who will score the first TD to the MVP and on and on and on.... Fun stuff.

jdiana86 02-01-05 09:18 PM

I put $125 on Philly before the playoffs started...got em at 4:1 so if they win I get a cool $500...Go Philly...

Talking Poker 02-01-05 09:49 PM

I have quite a fee bets on the Eagles.... I have them at 10:1, 7:1, and I just TODAY bet on them as huge dogs. Funny how the line on them hasn't moved much throughout the entire playoffs.

This is a very biased view, but I really think they are going to win. New England is good - don't get me wrong - but I think the Eagles REALY want it. This is their year.

ChipFish 02-02-05 12:13 AM

I'm holding out for 7.5 (at which time I will be taking the points.)
It'll happen.

Talking Poker 02-02-05 12:22 AM

I took 7. This was on top of all my other straight up bets.

I REALLY need to Eagles to win :D

Aequitas58 02-02-05 12:26 AM

The BET is ON!

DCopper04 took the bet. Let the game begin!

DCopper04 02-02-05 01:46 AM

I always like a little money on the big game, and adding in some TPF bragging rights makes things extra spicy. Let's hope that McNabb forgets to eat his chunky soup the night before.

It sounds as though T.O. will play, but personally, I question how effective he will be. He's not going to be at 100%, and he will (understandably) be thinking about that ankle all game long. God may be the one allowing T.O. to play this weekend, but I'll tell ya one thing: not even God himself can prevent Rodney Harrison from going low........

Aeq, I would say good luck, but that would contradict my bet. So screw you and your damn Philly Iggles! :D

ChipFish 02-02-05 02:41 AM

Partriots will win.... Eagles will cover.
I'd really like that extra 1/2 point though....
Might have to snoop around.

Aequitas58 02-02-05 09:52 AM

LOL. It'll be a great game. Finally - a SuperBowl with the best AFC team and the best NFC team.

SirFWALGMan 02-02-05 09:52 AM

If anyone else..

If anyone else wants to put $25. I will take the Pats to win by 7. We can do a Party/Empire Poker Transfer. I have seen the Pats shutdown the best offence, and smack down the best defence in the NFL. The Birds are going to be a little snack.

GeoffM 02-02-05 09:59 AM

I've already got a $50 on the Pats. Stupid? The Pats are going to mop the floor with the Eagles. Just like everyone thought the Colts would beat the Pats, and then many thought the Steelers would do it. Come on, seriously, do the Pats still have something to prove or what? I'd take this bet but the ways to pay don't work for me, and I still am thinking about throwing $200 on intertops in some kind of parlay.

TP, I don't have an account at intertops as of yet. Any way you can check what the parlays would be, as when I try to check it asks me to login.

Talking Poker 02-02-05 10:58 AM

Sure, I'll take your action. Eagles +7 for $25. You can transfer me my money on Empire after the game :D

Talking Poker 02-02-05 11:01 AM

They have tons of them. Follow the link I sent (it's an OLD affiliate link of mine) and set up an account - it's free. I've been using them since 1997 (or was it 1996?)...

SirFWALGMan 02-02-05 11:02 AM

Ok!

Alright TP. I would have made it more interesting for you before I killed myself. Anyhow.. the $25 will be put to good use in rebuilding my Bankroll. You at least can say "I helped that guy get started again!".. heh.

The Eagles are going down. I think 21-7 or something. However I will take 21-14. Anything for the win.

Talking Poker 02-02-05 11:37 AM

Hate to break it to you, but 21-14 would be a push. You see, 21-14=7. I know your Pats fans are a little slow with the math ;)

BlibbityBlabbity 02-02-05 11:50 AM

Hey TP, want to take one more? Same deal (transfers at PokerStars though)

Out here in Massachusetts, so wouldn't mind throwing a little down on the home team. :D

Talking Poker 02-02-05 12:32 PM

Done.

GeoffM 02-02-05 01:04 PM

21-7? Traditionally, Super Bowls have been high-scoring affairs, so I'm thinking more like 31-21 Pats or something along those lines.

TP, where is that link? :(

BlibbityBlabbity 02-02-05 01:09 PM

I'll guess it to be something like 27-10 pats....but again i'm in New England so a little biased maybe :)

Talking Poker 02-02-05 01:22 PM

It's in the word Intertops above. Here ya go:

SirFWALGMan 02-02-05 03:03 PM

I hate sports gambling..

I thought they have to win BY 7. If they make 7, or more I win. If they make 6 or less you do? No? How does it work then, they have to win by 8? If they win by 7 its a tie, if by 6 or less you win?

GeoffM 02-02-05 03:23 PM

When the game starts, it is 7-0 Philly. So if N.E. wins 7-0, it is really 7-7 due to the spread. That is why there is 1/2 point spreads. At open, this was a 6.5 spread, but I guess they bumped it up, and it is a huge .5 point because now it makes a full TD obviously.

Talking Poker 02-02-05 05:23 PM

If the Pats win by 7, we push. If they win by 6 or less, or lose like they are going to, I win. The only way you win is if the Pats win by 8 or more.

Explained another way: If the Pats win by 7, in order for you to win the bet, the spread would have to be 6.5. For me to win the bet, it would have to be 7.5 (that's what Chip said he's holding out for). But we agreed on 7, meaning we'll push if that's the final score....

Got it? Not like it's going to matter, what with the Eagles winning outright and all.

SirFWALGMan 02-03-05 11:15 AM

Err..

You are not from Philly or anything are you? heh. Pats are going to win, and at least make the 7 points, if not MUCH MORE than that. I respect the Eagles, they are a "good" team, but the Pats are going to kill them.