The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   Beats and Brags (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Live poker is rigged (But soooo awesome!) (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15869)

Robbie Robb 09-20-09 12:40 AM

Live poker is rigged (But soooo awesome!)

Monthly home game went off tonight. After the league event we played a 5 person $5 SNG. Third or fourth hand in I'm dealt T:c:T:s: in the SB. Blinds are 25/50. UTG raises to 200. CO calls. Button raises to 800. I jam. BB (Nikita) calls. UTG folds. CO & Button both call.

CO flips 8x8x
Button flips K:c:Kx
Nikki holds A:s:K:s:
UTG (who folded) flips 33

Flop comes 7:c:8:c:J:c:
Turn is something useless like 5:s: I think
River: 9:c:

I didn't even see my hand at first. I saw that button had the king high flush and thought that was good then someone was "No, Rob has the straight flush!"

One hand we went from 5 players to heads-up. That went back and forth for a while until we finally got it all in on AQx flop. I held top 2 and he had the diamond flush draw. Fortunately my hand held and I scooped the whole $15!!! The dealer continued to rabbit hunt and the other guy FINALLY caught his flush at about 11th street or something like that. Of course by then I would have ended up with queens full...

Robbie Robb 09-20-09 12:54 AM

Oh yeah, one other thing: we got into prop bets tonight.

One guy was challenged to drink a 500ml tub of sour cream/french onion chip dip. He did it. Ewwww. He walked away with $20 for it though.

Wes 09-20-09 12:54 AM

if only women had 11th street i might get one.

Talking Poker 09-20-09 12:55 AM

Gotta love the ol' 11th street suckouts.

Talking Poker 09-20-09 12:56 AM

Nice prop bet idea for Wes/Fildy. :thumbsup:

Fildy 09-20-09 03:41 AM

You are in the wrong business sir.

Robbie Robb 09-20-09 08:41 AM

LOL! Thanks, but I'm not a fan of sour cream to begin with. There'd have to be a couple more zeros on that number for me to consider it. :)

I tried to get one another guy to go $5/hand on colour of flop but he wouldn't go for it so no Ivey/Sahamies degeneration for me.

In the league event Nikki scooped first so we had a pretty good night. She's still trailing in the overall league for the year but she's within striking distance of 1st now!

Fildy 09-20-09 08:48 AM

Ill bet 5$ right now with you on the first flop of your next event. I'll bet on black and take your word for it.

Robbie Robb 09-20-09 09:35 AM

You're on! Of course, I'll have to remember that we're doing this on October 17th...LOL

Fildy 09-20-09 10:42 AM

Nikki, help him remember please. I'll try to remember too and remind you.

Robbie Robb 09-20-09 12:22 PM

I just put a note in the spreadsheet I use to track the league so I shouldn't forget. :thumbsup:

EDIT: I'll probably shoot video of it with a little intro.

Nikita 09-20-09 12:28 PM

Asking me to remember is not a good idea. I have the worst memory in the world. In fact, if I ever end up with Alzheimer's when I'm older, I don't think anyone would notice a difference.

The spreadsheet idea by Rob is probably what will make it work.
:)

Robbie Robb 10-17-09 09:47 PM

Home game tonight. First flop came 2 clubs, 1 diamond. NoTalentTool on Tilt right?

Fildy 10-18-09 01:59 AM

WOOHOO, yea, NoTalentTool on FTP.

Thanks sir. Did you film it? I woulda loved to have to had to watch the video to see.

Robbie Robb 10-18-09 10:14 AM

We didn't. We almost forgot too. We talked about the bet RIGHT before the we started playing then after the hand was over I was "Wait! What was the flop???"

$5 shipped!