The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poker Discussion (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Party Player Points (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=792)

2Tone 12-14-04 08:02 PM

Party Player Points

Well, we'll see. I am not thrilled about merchandise, but the chance to buy into some freerolls would be nice. Better than a stick in the eye at any rate. Color my cautiously optimistic.

Gutzz 12-14-04 09:09 PM

Whcih what now? Party is going to start offering player points? I love these! Half my poker library has been paid for with these points... *grin*.

Where can I get more information on these and how we get them and what we can buy with them?

Cheers,

Gutzz

2Tone 12-14-04 10:55 PM

on the web site and there they are. There is also a lenghty and remarkably convulted explanation of how they are earned, but basically it seems you can generate quite a few with just a few hours a week of 2/4, which makes me think that freerolls are going to require like 10k points to enter.

Meanwhile, there is also a promise of a store "coming soon," but I'd sure rather have a freeroll entry than a pen or a mousepad.

Talking Poker 12-15-04 12:52 AM

I thnk I already own 4 or 5 PartyPoker hats.

Interesting... I have almost 3000 points, and I haven't played at Party regularly recently... only enough to earn last month's reload bonus I think... maybe a few tourneys too.

PShabi 12-15-04 03:14 PM

This "player points system" you speak of has to do with the new 50k freerolls?

I looked into that today and it seems I am number 3924 and the first 3500 get to sign up first. They also start with 50 more chips!

This list is supposedly made up of the "top raked hand" players. What exactly does that mean? The winningest players of raked games, or just the player who has played the most raked hands?

2Tone 12-15-04 03:26 PM

All this stuff is spelled out ...

albeit not too clearly at
(log in required)

From what I understand, the player points is a different promotion than the 50k freeroll

Windbreaker 12-15-04 03:37 PM

I'm pretty sure this point system thing is going to be like UB's or Pokerstars points. Where you have play a ridiculous amount of hands to get yourself a cap or entry to a tourney. I guess something is better than nothing and it's about time Party gave a bit back more to the players there.

jdiana86 12-15-04 06:22 PM

Yea, finally Party decides to give a little back to all their players. Although they are good when it come to free money overall. If your account is dormat for a month they will put real money into it which I think is pretty cool.

jdiana86 12-16-04 03:51 PM

I notice that deposits work towards points...Is there anything preventing us from cashing out and redepositing over and over again...of course we don't know what these points are going to yet either...

Gutzz 12-16-04 07:44 PM

I've never played on UB real money tables, but I have seen their point system.

I seriously hope PP lets us get non poker merchandise... That'd be sweet :).

So far I got only 800 tho... lol

Cheers,

Gutzz

jdiana86 12-18-04 01:13 PM

I have almost 5k, wonder what that's good for if anything...when will we know? Kind of stupid to give out points but nothing to redeem them for yet. :confused:

eddo31 12-19-04 11:04 AM

i like that hey have added a point system.sure, you might only be able to get a hat, or a couple of books, but it is better than nothing.

we have all been playing there anyways, so this cant really hurt anything.

jdiana86 12-19-04 11:24 AM

I only wish I had been acculmulating points for the past couple of years...no complaints though better later than never i guess

2Tone 12-24-04 12:23 AM

Well, they are adding up

Though small potatoes compared to many of you, I know have over 1000 of these. Still no word on what they will get us ...